Good Times : With Video (Last song for a While)

Started by OsCKilO, January 01, 2011, 11:11:28 PM

OsCKilO

goodtimes 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First song of 2011...

Last for a while... MBR has become ill (Head phone socket is dead..)....

This was mastered on a wing and a prayer....

Boobs say it best with this tune...

Good Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXWO2BPqHE
Words and Music By Tharek Mokbul

These Good Times,
In this Old Life
Are Earned...
Not  Learned...

I've seen old faces,
Fade away,
In my mind...
In my mind....

What would they feel
If they could see us fight...
Us FIGHT......

What they learned,
Cannot be ignored for long...
For they have told us a lesson learned,
Is worth it's weight in gold...
In Gold....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

stoman

Very thoughtful lyrics, and a lovely melody, as always, Tharek. I love the choir. Fits like a glove! This song has a mesmerizing feel to it ...

Regards,
  Steffen

j.g.

Great vocals and lyrics, and your playing is top class.
Could hear this with a bigger production working really well, but then it might might lose all that mystery and magic that it has. Just a thought.
Hope to see you back soon.
Geoff

Geir

This was the first song I listened to this morning, and I don't know how many more times since.

This is a really beautiful song Tharek !! You're a poet for sure and a very musical one. The words and the melody and the performance all make one magnificent piece of art !!

And that voice !!! the deep delivery of the mail vocals ..... and that angelic choir of a backing vox ... just brilliant !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chip withrow

What a delightful song! Poetic, almost haiku-like lyrics, hauntingly bittersweet music. I love this just the way it is, since I'm an acoustic folkie at heart.
I've downloaded this to a folder with songs I want to pluck my banjo along with.

Bluesberry

Lovely song, really lovely.  I need to listen to this many times, many more times.  Your voice is evolving man, it sounds so full and flipping wonderful.  A little Irish lilt there, a little Irish ale over the season?  Lyrics are right on.  A total wonder of a song, seriously.  Best song of 2011 (so far).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

At first, I hope you'll get your MBR repaired asap! This a new T classic, so melodic and beautiful. Loved the harmonies, loved everything on this! Stellar song, again!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Oh wow, yes, get your MBR fixed :( ... we needs you... (Or get a BR1600... listening to this I can hear you're ready to treat yourself to the ease of tracking harmonies that it provides :D)

This is beautiful, the words, the melodies, all of it... you still surprise me with everything of yours that I hear :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

It mastered OK and it sounds quite lovely. A haunting song with lovely lyrics and really effective backing vox. A classy piece of work which I hope is going into the live act.

The broken MBR could be God's way of telling you to get a BR800 you know...... Whatever you do, don't make it too long before you post some more music.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand