The gear you ACTUALLY got for christmas

Started by Geir, December 25, 2010, 01:55:17 AM

peterp

Got a Deluxe Electric Mistress pedal, and the new Neil Young Psychedelic Pill Blu-ray Audio disk.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

AndyR

A bunch of Glen Campbell albums. That was a real surprise and VERY welcome. I was in tears listening to them. More CDs, Books, shirts, and other yummy stuff.

Gearwise - something called a "PickPocket" to keep plectrums in!

I was offered a larger gear item in November as a chrimbo pressie, but we decided it would completely bugger our "present budgeting" if we went that route... (I still went over-budget getting pressies for her!)

... don't worry though, I bought the thing anyway :D - a fretless Jazz, that's what I've been practicing/playing ever since. After x weeks I can now make it sound like I'm playing a fretted... But now I need a new recording studio - the broom-cupboard is not big enough for a Jazz-wielding bassist!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 01, 2013, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: Geir on January 01, 2013, 08:54:57 AMGot an iPad for xmas, and treated myself to garage-band, thumb-jam and iKaossilator. Also got a couple of free synths (Alchemy, which is pretty cool and another one I haven't tested much yet) and drumsets to bang on ;D

Cool. I can't wait to hear what you'll come up with using those apps.

Yes i have all those too except Garageband. That alchemy is pretty awesome for being free. The I-Kaoss is amazing too but cant believe it`s more money than thumbjam. I also got the moog keyboard too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Oh and i bought myself the Rhode NT1-A for Christmas  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Quote from: Gnasty on January 03, 2013, 08:11:25 AMOh and i bought myself the Rhode NT1-A for Christmas  :)

How do you connect it into BR-80 (or Micro Br)? Is there XLR-adapter for BR-recorders?

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

I can now make my own guitar picks out of credit cards etc..

Also got one of these to enable me to connect my guitar to the IPad

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Burtog

Quote from: Gnasty on January 03, 2013, 08:11:25 AMOh and i bought myself the Rhode NT1-A for Christmas  :)

Me too - top mike, I'm  not getting the best out of it yet but it's a big improvement on the Behringer, doesn't peak as easy.

Question - on the BR is anyone recording direct minus COSM effects? Recorded something without any effects the other day and seemed to work quite well with the Rode. Always struggle to decide which COSM mic/vocal effects work best on the BR800.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Quote from: Redler on January 03, 2013, 11:07:23 AM

How do you connect it into BR-80 (or Micro Br)? Is there XLR-adapter for BR-recorders?

Kari

I only have had time to really set it up and screw around with it for about an hour.uugh!

But I plug it in with my XLR cable to my ART preamp. Then I connect with XLR with 1/4 inch cable directly into BR-80 :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Burtog on January 03, 2013, 11:47:13 AM

Me too - top mike, I'm  not getting the best out of it yet but it's a big improvement on the Behringer, doesn't peak as easy.

Question - on the BR is anyone recording direct minus COSM effects? Recorded something without any effects the other day and seemed to work quite well with the Rode. Always struggle to decide which COSM mic/vocal effects work best on the BR800.

I haven't got a real setting dialed in yet but when I did use it I basically used the same settings I had before with the br-80 external mics and it sounded pretty good. I generally just use compression and eq and delay. Depends on the song if i use effects though.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Quote from: Burtog on January 03, 2013, 11:47:13 AM

Me too - top mike, I'm  not getting the best out of it yet but it's a big improvement on the Behringer, doesn't peak as easy.

i generally try to record without any FX. Sometimes just a noise gate and maybe some delay.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........