The gear you ACTUALLY got for christmas

Started by Geir, December 25, 2010, 01:55:17 AM

SteveB

Got robbed last Christmas (23rd Dec), and was musically wiped out instrument wise.
This Xmas, Family chipped together and stunned me with this - Yamaha FX370C -
Which includes a very decent pre-amp. Over the moon.  :)

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

That's a really nice guitar. (I tried a few of those when I bought my Morgan acoustic last year.) Good value for the money.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

I got a Korg Kaoss mini pad (effects unit with parameters controlled by an X/Y pad).  Now I just need to figure out what to do with the damn thing. It's one of those "need extra appendage to use it" items.  

Blooby

Bluesberry

Quote from: Blooby on December 27, 2010, 06:52:30 AMI got a Korg Kaoss mini pad (effects unit with parameters controlled by an X/Y pad.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with the damn thing. It's one of those "need extra appendage to use it" items. 

Blooby
Now this will be interesting...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

I didn't get any new gear, instead I made a vow to use the stuff I already have but have hardly touched (like the Boss Slicer pedal that has been untouched since I bought it 18 months ago...).

Quote from: Blooby on December 27, 2010, 06:52:30 AMI got a Korg Kaoss mini pad (effects unit with parameters controlled by an X/Y pad.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with the damn thing. It's one of those "need extra appendage to use it" items. 

Blooby

Ooh, I am interested. I was thinking about that, I felt it would be a good add to the Kaossilators...... C'mon, get twiddling.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Twiddle Blooby...twiddle man...twiddle some more...come on...lets have some...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

When i finally pick it up , a lovely Korg Wave drum £399 , a present to myself , which i cannot wait to collect , i was only told it was in store late xmas eve , so must wait untill i have a spare moment not given to my other half to collect , i just cannot wait, GAS is building up big time , and thats not just the turkey and sprouts

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bluesberry

Quote from: facemask93 on December 27, 2010, 09:37:17 AMWhen i finally pick it up , a lovely Korg Wave drum £399 , a present to myself , which i cannot wait to collect , i was only told it was in store late xmas eve , so must wait untill i have a spare moment not given to my other half to collect , i just cannot wait, GAS is building up big time , and thats not just the turkey and sprouts

Rob
I have a feeling you will love it Rob.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

corryhully

hope you all had a good crimbo.
i must have done something right as i managed to aquire an ikkle valve amp.
a harley benton ga5. 5 watt, deffo loud enough for the house.
hope the photo works because they are just too cute.

all the best
terry

Bluesberry

Photo didn't work Terry, and I am dying to see it.  Save the picture to somewhere first, then attach your picture to your post in additional options, then copy the link and paste it between the <insert image> button...sweet amp, I bet that sounds deadly.  I have a Epiphone valve Jr 5W and this looks similar.  I love the small amps.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand