The gear you ACTUALLY got for christmas

Started by Geir, December 25, 2010, 01:55:17 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on December 31, 2012, 07:53:37 PM.... A cello, a violin, some drum sets, a bunch of synths, a kaossilator, a grand piano, some organs. ....

;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you got some iPhone/iPad apps. If so, which ones?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Present for myself. Found a second hand aqua puss (way huge) analog delay pedal, sounds lush. 65 squid from hogans music, couldn't resist!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chip

Quote from: bruno on January 01, 2013, 02:30:55 AMPresent for myself. Found a second hand aqua puss (way huge) analog delay pedal, sounds lush. 65 squid from hogans music, couldn't resist!
B

Wow I was looking at them yesterday. I was also looking at the MXR carbon copy, Memory toy/boy and loads of others but I went and bought a Behringer VD400 which is a fine delay pedal, one which I have had before and liked a lot, it oscillates real neat.  I also got an orange tiny terror 12 combo plus a Jet city 1x 12 cab to go with it.

I have the Belcat 503 delay pedal but it doesn't oscillate. I did bid on a memory toy but would only go to £50 and was outbid so the VD400 for £22 new was the one for me. I only use it for far out sounds which it does rather well.

Last but not least Celebration day, fantastic.c c c c c c c ccccccccccc
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Hilary

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on December 31, 2012, 08:16:00 PMNew underwear.... Ill wear them proudly during my next recording session.

them? you've been holding out on us Tod . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

I got everything I could ever want this Christmas - my family all together and us all still here.

Xmas Morning 2012

Well my husband's building his toy helicopter
George is playing on his DS
All I really want to do is play my guitar
But I'm peeling sprouts instead

Someone's done a poo in the downstairs loo
It's making me feel quite sick
It just won't flush, we've got visitors soon
I'm poking it with a stick

Roger's gone to get Grandad
Daughter No 1's still in bed,
I'm still peeling the bloody sprouts
Should have done it last night instead

It's just another day of chaos,
wrapping paper and batteries
as long as we're all still together
that'll be good enough for me
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Blooby

Girlfriend got a Yamaha floor monitor for me.  The difference in both carrying its modest weight and being able to hear John and myself has made a huge difference.

Treated myself to a TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb.  Ten different reverbs (including a nice spring emulation) in small footprint. The church setting is so massive that if I set the decay long, I can actually do volume swells with it.

Happy holidays, all.

Blooby

Lounging McCoy

My wife got me an Orange Micro Terror amp head.  It's awesome!  It makes my Dot sound like a beast and my Les Paul sound like a huge, ravaging, beast of destruction.  It's a little noisy, but hopefully it will break in. 

I got myself a Little Big Muff Pi fuzz pedal.  I had an epiphany that the sound I like best is fuzz and not distortion. 

The new amp head and new pedal don't work together, but oh well.

My buddy got me a John Lee Hooker cd since he knows that I have suddenly become very interested in blues music.

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 31, 2012, 08:49:25 PM
Quote from: Geir on December 31, 2012, 07:53:37 PM.... A cello, a violin, some drum sets, a bunch of synths, a kaossilator, a grand piano, some organs. ....

;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you got some iPhone/iPad apps. If so, which ones?

Correct. Got an iPad for xmas, and treated myself to garage-band, thumb-jam and iKaossilator. Also got a couple of free synths (Alchemy, which is pretty cool and another one I haven't tested much yet) and drumsets to bang on ;D

I'll be looking out for other useful apps  but for now I've got more than enough toys for a while ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on January 01, 2013, 08:54:57 AMGot an iPad for xmas, and treated myself to garage-band, thumb-jam and iKaossilator. Also got a couple of free synths (Alchemy, which is pretty cool and another one I haven't tested much yet) and drumsets to bang on ;D

Cool. I can't wait to hear what you'll come up with using those apps.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann