The gear you ACTUALLY got for christmas

Started by Geir, December 25, 2010, 01:55:17 AM

peterp

For musical gear I got a pair of Sony MRD7506 headphones, and a Fender Mustang I amp.

No br800 :( was under the tree, and that Martin D48 I keep asking sandy claws for is no where in sight either.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Tony W

Quote from: henwrench on December 29, 2010, 03:54:08 AMI'm gettin' a Hohner Melodica, should be here anyday soon...

henwrench

Does it monitor your BAC?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: peterp on December 29, 2010, 02:06:33 PMFor musical gear I got a pair of Sony MRD7506 headphones, and a Fender Mustang I amp.
So you got the stang hu?  Impressions?... do you love it as much as I love mine?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on December 29, 2010, 03:46:19 AMI must have been a very good boy this year, because I got this Boss Drive Zone from my lovely gf. I didn't even ask for it! I'm lucky she takes an interest in these things, because I'm going to have a lot of fun with this  :)

Deal lord Tim, that looks like a very fun pedal, every overdrive, distortion, fuzz tone you will ever need.  I am very interested in your impressions of this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

I got this book from my daughter. It's hilarious! I'm laughing out loud when I'm on the toilet!

peterp

I got it unpacked and plugged in once since "the" day of unwrapping, we been traveling to vist relatives all week so far  &^%$!!!
One more day-o-visitin to go on Thursday, then I hope to have 4 days to myself before work starts again.

I did get FUSE installed on my wife's machine and it promptly did a firmware update :)
In my quick checkout I noticed it does sound quite different through the headphones than the speaker.
Looks like this piece of digital wizardry is going to be fun :D

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 29, 2010, 06:29:00 PMSo you got the stang hu?  Impressions?... do you love it as much as I love mine?

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Bluesberry

Quote from: peterp on December 29, 2010, 09:22:03 PMIn my quick checkout I noticed it does sound quite different through the headphones than the speaker.
It sounds much better out the speaker than headphones out, much, crank it and lit it sing man.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Just got home with my brand spanking new BR-800!!! Getting ready to unwrap it as we speak! I also picked up a Sterling Audio ST51 Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone!

Too excited to type anymore! I must get back to unpacking the goods! ;)

Bluesberry

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on December 30, 2010, 04:12:40 PMJust got home with my brand spanking new BR-800!!! Getting ready to unwrap it as we speak! I also picked up a Sterling Audio ST51 Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone!

Yeahhhhhh hooooooo, you are going to the next level now, I can't wait to hear a song from this excellent new gear.  Its gonna be big, I can feel it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on December 30, 2010, 04:12:40 PMJust got home with my brand spanking new BR-800!!! Getting ready to unwrap it as we speak! I also picked up a Sterling Audio ST51 Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone!

Awesome Sai! Congrats!! Hope to hear new stuff recorded in present technology from you!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity