someone mentioned -Leon Helm -

yeh I would agree -buts its got that something extra --

brilliant words -
congrats
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hi BB, It's a grower. I listened to this earlier and I thought ok pretty good but I didn't have time to comment so I listened again and I thought yeah I like this a lot so by the end of the day I shall think awesome. Beware it sneaks up on you.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

I've thought that too, Willie.

I heard the first mix, then the remix, and I thought that's all it was. But I snuck back in the other day for a quick listen and found it's definitely a grower - you like it more each time...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesberry

Always great to hear that a song of mine is a grower...thanks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gu Djin

"He had his truth and I had mine"

Like it.

Oddly I've been working with some lyrics that started with the same first two lines you have hear, but then they go in completely different direction.

Love the vibe.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Ferryman

Don't know how I missed this one Dave, but I'm glad I found it. I love the way you have built this and the diffferent pieces of the jigsaw. The production and execution of the concept is fantastic and I like the way the sounds all fit together to make this sound like a coherent song despite its complexity. I really like the riff on the red green and gold part, and the riffing guitars sound superb. I agree that the vocal performance is excellent, definitely one of your best.

The first part was absolutely wonderful - could have come straight from "Nursery Cryme" by Genesis. I'd love to hear a whole song like that. Please, pretty please....?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman on December 20, 2010, 10:53:22 AMThe first part was absolutely wonderful - could have come straight from "Nursery Cryme" by Genesis. I'd love to hear a whole song like that. Please, pretty please....?
Now that makes my day, thanks Nigel.  I was sorta thinking classic Genesis for the intro, just a little taste, not trying to ape it or anything, but that feeling.  You have given me a idea, a whole song like this...hmmm something to think about.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

This is fine prog tune, Dave. The chorus (Red and green etc) is killer! Thanks for adding lyrics - it gives a lot help to a not native English speaking person...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Covermark

This is a fine produced song! In technical way its been quite a challenge but you succeed!

Two thumbs up!

Kenneth

Bump for a cool song!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman