Eye To Eye

Started by Bluesberry, December 11, 2010, 07:47:58 PM

lectric

WOW BB This is a WINNER. Very original, beautiful and well played song. Vox,Lyrics,Bass,Drum,keyboard,guitar. You got it all going on man and I
love it.  Thanks for the listen and addition to my I-Pod......Ted
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

cuthbert

Can I get a hell yeah, too? Regardless, I'll give one myself: HELL YEAH!!

Nice one, Dave! A cool fusion of 70s folk/country rock and prog sounds, delivered with a message that sure resonates to these ears.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 12, 2010, 08:49:13 AMI just realized I mixed this with the bass on the right side instead of up the middle...not intentional...off to re-mix and see how that sounds...
I corrected the mix...the bass is now in the center, it sounds better.  I had a red ale moment while mixing this last night, sorry for the inconvenience.  

Much thanks for the comments, I really enjoyed doing this song.  Thanks everyone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Yep - that does make a difference.

I heard the bass off to the right and thought "interesting, wonder why he did that?" :D

It's weird how doing something like that has an effect on things you wouldn't necessarilly expect. Yes, centring the bass makes the track sound better overall, but now suddenly the guitar solo jumps out at me as "Yess!!". I heard it first time round but it didn't strike me as any sort of highlight... now it's "that's some mean playing there...". It's almost like the stage is better lit for us to notice the performance.

Kind of highlights, for me, that if we're struggling to make a part (eg a solo) sound good, the answer isn't always in the volume, EQ, or effects on the part itself... the answer might actually be in adjusting the mix around the part.

Strange mystical jigsaw puzzle this mixing lark, eh? :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

AWESOME!!
AWESOME!!
AWESOME!!
AWESOME!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SwanSong

Very smooth original nice original sound definately your own
stamp on i t. great vox. a great listen agree with all other
comments. tc  happy holiday s NEIIL

knniggits

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Gritter

Really cool song here Dave! I like all the sections especially the one that begins "Why is it every-time I turn around..." Your voice sounds really strong in that higher register...and that effect on your voice at the end of that stanza! followed by that wicked riff and solo...with the spacey fx zooming through...excellent production! that whole section rocks supreme! I also really love your acoustic sound for the intro and that piano and that organ - fantastic texture to this...and then those cool kinda Flaming Lips sounds to finish this baby off! damn cool...what a journey!

Satchwood

Really freaking cool BB !!   Your the progman bro!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

Thanks fellers, funny when a song comes out of the blue, almost fully formed in the minds eye (whatever that means).  That was my experience here.  I had some ideas from a few things going on that kind of annoyed me.  I turned on my machine and plugged in my guitar and channelled that feeing.  I just followed where to took me.  Looking back, probably one of the funnest songs I have done.  Isn't this music stuff great.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand