Aborted song, but kinda cool lead guitar part

Started by des0free, December 08, 2010, 10:19:00 PM

des0free

lead guitar
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Was attempting to write a song.  It didn't materialize, but I ended up noodling out probably my best attempted lead guitar part (I've got very little experience in that department).

Lyric I was playing with was "I'm from the heartland, that's where I'm from . . .".  After a chord change I had another lyric: "I got a woman to marry me, I say Hey!  I say Hey!"  It really didn't make much sense. . . Hence I picked up my telecaster and noodled this.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

after the first few notes, you channeled a groove and I really like where that lead went. I smell a budding lead guitarist on the rise! I really started digging this, and could have listened to a full blown instrumental. At :29 seconds it really started to pop.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I agree, real nice groove, the groove is the most impostant part to a solo I find, it is not always about the notes and what notes you play, but the groove, the feeling you have when playign the notes, the timing, thats what makes a solo great...and for all that this is a great solo.  I am with Tony, I could have listened to 3 minutes of this easy.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

This has a great cheerful sound and I like your lyric ideas.
Songs quite often have rediculous lyrics, so my suggestion is to follow through with it anyways.
I think you're onto a good thing here.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Wiley

:'( :'(   I was just getting into this and it quit!!  You are definately on to something.  Please keep pursing this!!  Would like to hear a vocal versian!!
PJ

hardlock

I'm with Wiley - don't stop now.  :( 

Make that an intro or something but do add some vox and finish the song.  Great groove!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Gnasty

great stuff Des!!...yeah you are on to something here for sure. Whether you sing on it or not just make it a bit longer. You have a good tone on that guitar. :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

knniggits

Cool guitar,it really gets into a stride. More please :)
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

OsCKilO

I’m not going comment until you finish this psychedelic slice of awesomeness!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy