Biggest Sale in Town - By Donna D. / Drumbum / Ken

Started by Kenneth, November 18, 2010, 02:15:47 PM

Donna D

Kari and BB, thank you.  :)

Ken and Drumbum, thought you'd like to see these comments (below) from folks at SongRamp.

Donna

-----------------
Great song. Love the beginning. I am well versed in Punk ska type songs and this one fits the bill. Great job.  James
------------------
Very cool song, with a very big production sound.  Jerry
-------------------
Very angry vocal, fits the incident well. I think Jon Hanson will like this. Rocking tune Donna with some graphic lyrics to get the point across. Good solid write. Some people you just need to hit them with a 2X4 to get the point across. Michael
---------------
The song is tremendous and has a great impact both lyrically and musically! I too felt stricken at the events that took place and this song really captured the emotions of that horrific scene.  Rusty
----------------
Another really great write, Donna, and I'm so glad to see that someone (you!!) took this on. The angry vocals and pounding production do the words justice, and seem as if they were written together, they work so perfectly to get the point driven home. Excellent, and perfect timing for posting!!  Sheila
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Bluesberry

Thats some comments coming from that site of yours Donna.  I checked it out, thats like a professional songwriting site.  Ken is getting rave reviews from the pros for his music and fantastic vocals.  He may get a phone call soon from some big producer wanting him to take a trip down to LA.  As for you lyrics, you deserve all the praise you are getting here Donna, you really got inside this story and brought it to life.  You are a very good lyricist.  You two should be darn proud of this rocker you have cooked up.  It could be a huge radio hit without a doubt.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Donna D

Thanks, BB.  :)  SongRamp is a lovely site, especially to 'showcase' songs and to get encouraging feedback. Very motivating.  ;)  (People there will only critique a song if they're asked to.)

I believe, though, that most  SongRamp members - many of them indeed long-time songwriters/musicians (plus a couple of professionals) - are largely 'hobbyists', like the bulk of us here.  ;)

Nevertheless, this doesn't take away from the fact that Ken did a great job with the music and vocals.  :)

Donna

drumbum

My approach to the music here is like riding an existing wave. In this case Donna and Ken created that. I was not able to do a justice until the lyrics were in place. Now I can create around the emotions of the song. And I try hard to let the song breath especially because I am adding my work to someone Else's creation.

Because of the talent and generosity at this site , I am able to create, improve and most important be a part of some amazing stuff here.   Be well....DB
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Bluesberry

It was a perfect example of the sum being greater than all the parts added together, er, something like that...I love the smell of inspiration in the morning.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Speed Demon

Bluesberry, inspiration at my home usually is smelled when I get near the cat litter box.
I am motivated to take it out, irregardless of the tornado, monsoon, tidal wave and vicious flesh-eating squirrel raging outside the door.

Playing my guitars is my reward.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Donna D

You expressed it well, BB.  :)

SD, I love how inspiration can come from anywhere.  The type of motivation you described can sometimes apply to a lyric/song as well. ;)

And Drumbum and Ken, another kudo for you.  ;)
"So Donna, how did you get "Rush" to do your song for you?  rittmo' "

Donna

Ferryman

Taken a while to get to this, but glad I did. Really enjoyed this, right up my alley. The drums sound great and the music and lyrics work very well together. Excellent lyrics and material, I love the intro and the powerful feel which really gets the content across well. This is definitely a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, fantastic collab.

Regards,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman on December 03, 2010, 02:07:46 AMThis is definitely a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, fantastic collab.
Oh yeah, that the phrase I was searching for all those days ago...I agree with Nigel here.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

Love the PUNK energy!!!
I listened to the Louder Version.