Biggest Sale in Town - By Donna D. / Drumbum / Ken

Started by Kenneth, November 18, 2010, 02:15:47 PM

drumbum

Have you ever had your drums stolen from you while you play DB?

Not that I can recall, G is there something I am unaware of!!??  lol...
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

The Reverend 48

loved it to death!
Briiliant lyrics again
so well sung and played
I'm becoming a fan
More Guys please

Donna D

Thank you, Everyone, for listening and for your comments.  :)  I was thrilled to have this one brought to life. Ken and Drumbum did an excellent job with a distressing topic.

Ken, don't you dare doubt your vocal skills!  I'd heard you sing on other songs (plus on the initial demo), and knew you'd do a great job.   ;)

Your vocals add a kind of frenzied freshness and rawness that complement the story.  In all other respects, listen to your wife of course, but not when it's about your singing.   ;) :D

(I really like that change-up into the chorus as well.  ;) )

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Tony W

I had to download the original post and amplify it in audacity so I could make it out properly. I need all the volume I can get.

The song.. Powerful sentiment, and excellent material for a song. Ken you really did a bang up job with your parts on this, the vocal delivery was fantastic to my ears. Drumbum, you never fail to lay down great tracks.

Great lyrics Donna. 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Quote from: drumbum on November 19, 2010, 07:09:41 AMHave you ever had your drums stolen from you while you play DB?

Not that I can recall, G is there something I am unaware of!!??  lol...

Ahhh...foget about it!! Just around with the thread where i posted before

...Your drums aren`t a joke...Great job!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SE

Great punky collab, those drums are great and so are the vox and the lyrics are so cool to, this is a great listen, just a little more volume please.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Donna D

Thanks, folks.  :)  Ken and DB, a couple of kudos have trickled in from elsewhere.  ;)

Donna
-------------------
When I first read the great lyric, I was hearing a 'dark' vibe music to it, something like PODs "Youth of The Nation".
But I must say that the rock'n'roll-esque arrangement works well - the sombre theme sung with a cheerful 'fixed' grin feeling provides an unexpected twist and a strong contrast. Something which the Who have done quite often.
Good performances too - high on energy and sincerity. Well done all!  Andy
-------------------
Well done! Some things need to be said.  Paul
-------------------
Nice tune! I like your lyrics, Donna. Like Andy, I thought the music would have a darker feel, but the arrangement here is splendid. Well done.  Roger
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Redler

This really ROCKS!! Just a stunning rock tune!! Fine lyrics, as well!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

drumbum

If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........