Stop Now......

Started by The Reverend 48, November 16, 2010, 07:29:32 AM

The Reverend 48

Stop now (original)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I seem to have a bad case of musical dysentery lately...... ;D
In my Madness I thought I'd try another Style.......
I wanted to write and record from scratch an "Old School" Soul song
in the fashion of the great Stax, Mowtown and Atlantic Artists of my youth........ 8)
Think Temptations, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding.....

Booker T and the Mgs or the Philly horns were un available so you'll have to make do with me......
Again it's all me Guitar Synth and Black Beauties Sweet P90s
The chorus could do with some harmonies but I'm pants!  :P

Great job 48, there used to be a club near where I live called Soul City where you could hear all the latest Motown, Stax and Atlantic imports. This took me back there in a good way, to a time of few responsibilities and great music. Perhaps you could bring the vocal up in the mix a little bit it's a little quiet or it might be crap speakers at work. Will try it at home...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Vanncad

Sounds "soulfull" to me 48!
I love the Temptations too.

That lead tone is pretty sweet man.
Cool tune.  8)
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geir

Oh YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dig it Mike !!! Good to hear your voice again, and this is a fabulous song. Tho I know you as a blues-man, I sure appreciate your detours into other styles. I think this is my favourite song of your so far !!!!

Great work !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Sounds bloody good Mike.  Maybe this is your best song, as Geir says.  What do you think, you like what you did here.  What do you think about the flood of incredible songs posted on this side of the fence, insane hu?  This place is exploding lately.  Pick 5 songs at random and guess what, they will probably be fantastic.  Its all about the music isn't it, and inspiring each other.  Thats why is is so great to get one posted from you over here, a lot of good folks that haven't heard your music before will get to check out your music and be inspired by such a great song as this.  Lets have some more over here.  Its like going home for a Sunday dinner once in a while  ;D.  You can leave home but you can't stay away forever, everybody has to go home once in a while, something like that eh Mike...I am rambling, I am just so happy to hear this side of your musical growth.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

This is the first of yours I got around to hearing... anyway it's damn fine.

Nice work.

T.C. Elliott

I love that guitar. Excellent. It's just what is needed not a bit more and not a bit less.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 16, 2010, 03:57:19 PMSounds bloody good Mike.   What do you think about the flood of incredible songs posted on this side of the fence, insane hu?  This place is exploding lately.  Pick 5 songs at random and guess what, they will probably be fantastic.  Its all about the music isn't it, and inspiring each other.  Thats why is is so great to get one posted from you over here, a lot of good folks that haven't heard your music before will get to check out your music and be inspired by such a great song as this.  Lets have some more over here.  Its like going home for a Sunday dinner once in a while  ;D.  You can leave home but you can't stay away forever, everybody has to go home once in a while, something like that eh Mike...I am rambling, I am just so happy to hear this side of your musical growth.

Thanks for all your comments
Dave I have decided to visit home a lot more often so you'll soon be fed up with me
Regarding the great music being showcased you are right since I don't know a lot of you guys I have just hit 5 random pieces and they are all superb lookin forward to hittin a lot more
The Rev!

Bluesberry

So good to have you back on this side of the fence Mike, we missed your special charm and of course the music you bring is always high class.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand