MYSELF to BLAME - Hardlock original

Started by hardlock, October 31, 2010, 05:16:44 PM

hardlock

01-SELF3D
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BUMP - Finally got around to breaking out the drums and having a go at this one.  

It's okay I guess but am only using a pair of cheap mics in the BR-600 so I can get it in stereo.  

Added EQ and panned toward center.  Any tips on recording this way in a bedroom to get better sounds will be very helpful.  :-\

Anyway, see what you think.  :D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Rata-tat-tat

OTD bump... Loved the otiginal track... The drums sent it to the moon brother. Top notch...love this tune... Smokin hot guitar playin... Vox fabulous... Great job
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rickocaster

The first version was great and this one is even better.  The live drums add a lot, especially with the fills like at 1:28.  The tweaks to the eq and panning give it a cleaner presence, and it actually sounds more enveloping than the wider pan.  I noticed that some playback devices tend to cut the outer edges, so if you pan a little closer it's safer in terms of sounding solid in spite of the device it's played on. Glad you gave this one another shot. It was good to hear it again!
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Kenny B

EXCELLENT TUNE!!! 

Too busy enjoying to be critical ... it all sounds fantastic!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Great input all!  Thanks much for not only the good words but the analysis!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure