MYSELF to BLAME - Hardlock original

Started by hardlock, October 31, 2010, 05:16:44 PM

hardlock

01-SELF2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song has taken longer than expected but I'm happy with it so far.  All critics welcome as I won't learn anything if everyone just pats me on the back.  ::)

Still can't sing but am actually content with the bridge (chorus? - don't know the difference myself...)

Thanks for the listen.  (REAL DRUM VERSION NOW ADDED at Soundclick and at end of thread)

[soundclick]9823399[/soundclick]

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

seriously Ken, I am trying to find something to criticize here, but I can't.  I think this is your best song to date, production, lyrics, vocals, damn fine slinky guitar lead, wonderful bass, chorus.  Ok. I will give you something, too bad the drums sound like a drum machine.  There, thats all I got.  mBR drums aside (what can you do, hire a drummer?  not likely), there is not one darn thing to criticize here.  This is the best Hardlock song out of the blocks, very enjoyable, very excellent.  Keep them coming, your songs are getting stronger by the post.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Thanks much Dave!  Means a lot coming from you.

Actually, I'm an ex pro drummer.  At some point I want to remix all my work with live drums.  The set has been sitting in a closet for years now as not enough room for them currently..... :(

BTW, I only program what I know I can really play to keep it realistic at least. :D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

I think your drum programming is excellent.  Not much you can do with the drum machine sound.  I usually add reverb and slight delay (like a slapback short delay) to liven up my drums, but at the end of the day they are what they are, which is perfectly fine for demos like we are doing up.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

Yea I agree with BB, best to date Ken.
You can sure play guitar well for being a drummer! And sing too?!
I like your vocals, keep up with the singing, it's good.
Some tasty playing there.
Enjoyable in every sense.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

i have a criticism. get the drums out the closet!!

great post ken like this one a lot.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Like this a lot, a real foot tapper. Great playing and vocals which if anything I would liked a little more prominent in the mix. Great stuff............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman

No need to "sing" when you can vocalize like that with such a cool voice! Nice job, I love the drum programming. I am not a drummer and am really struggling to program some drums right now, I realise it's actually quite hard to hit things in an interesting manner! I really like the groove, it kind of said "Average White Band" to me which is very cool in my book. Lovely guitar solos, and great guitar sounds. Loving the rumbling bass as well, second one I've heard today and it sounds good. Great ending as well, as Dave said, nothing at all to critize. I'm really liking your voice, don't be shy of it!

BTW, if you had a BR 800, you could replace the drum sounds with different ones....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Utterly superb...this one had me hooked right from the intro.

The lead guitar and bass are sublime, and believe me you can sing just fine.

Going back for a second listen now, just to appreciate it even more.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jim1970

Ken!!  I love it. I agree. Can't find anything Either. 
Damm I really Dig this!!! Love the Clean Guitars Twanging away.
Really cool upbeat Drum Beat. Sounds like the Hard drum Setting Sound on the Boss Recorder. Really Cool Bass runs going on!!!  But here is one for you. I liked this so Much, It could have been a Tad Longer. How about that. LOL!!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR