Sometimes (first Original song)

Started by Bluesberry, September 28, 2008, 05:22:37 PM

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 20, 2008, 05:57:11 PMThanks RevHeadRaZ.  I really love playing harmonica but I am not really sure what I am doing other than make sure the key is right and blow in/out.  It seems to come out alright so I must be doing something right.  I played around with auto punch a bit but it feels too much like cheating, adding up little snippets until you have a solo.  I like the idea of one take, warts and all.  I should look into it a bit more.  It is one of the strengths of this little device, very sophisticated tools in such a small, portable package.

I feel the same about the BR: it's made me do things in single takes rather than auto-punching in and out. I personally don't think the auto punch on the BR is very good, but I'm using it to make me play better, because I have to get the whole thing right rather than fiddle around with little edits.

Flash Harry

Is the MP3 player working here? I can't seem to hear anything and I can't download it.

Nope it's me being obtuse. Its fine.

I like this. It has a good feel and I see the Neil Young references. Nice.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

alsdally

Hey Bluesberry,
Sitting here jamming to your tune, nice feel, campfire song 2009 fer sher.  Sounds better every listen.  Lotta love,
                                                               Alsdally

Bluesberry

Well guys, here it is in all its glory.  Seeing as we are dredging up our first post, I offer my first post, my first thing recorded with my microBR, Sept 28, 2008 was the date, my first song ever written and recorded, damn it sounds rough to my ears, I didn't really know what the hell I was doing, I just was possessed by inspiration and went with it.  I may re-do this one properly someday.  Hahaha, enjoy.  I got so much encouragement from the folks on here that it kept me going on to my second song, and third, etc.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

My first post was the Six Million Dollar man theme - And I am NOT bringing that piece of crap up :D

Looks like you knew what you were doing from the get go, BB. Excellent first song!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Oh BB!

This is Awesome!

Your voice is superb in this!

There is no pitch correction in this is there....?

Where did the lack of confidence come from about your voice....?

I have been playing songs way out of my range recently...

The become instrumentals.....Lol
Until I find a style which will work with the tuning....

Capo 5 is me at the moment in standard.....

Thanks to Hooper, I found the chords lower down the fret board!

Freaking hell though BB....! You have always been an outstanding musical talent!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and respect Bro...... Love the track

T(Osckilo)

P.s

Who the F*ck is lesPaulGoldtop?  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

QuoteWho the F*ck is lesPaulGoldtop? 
Hahaha, that was what Greeny was calling himself in those days, and being the new guy, I just had to type the whole thing out whenever I responded to him in those posts.  Quite the handle hu?  Thanks T, that is my pure voice, I didn't even realize I could use effects, I don't think I even used reverb, its as pure as it gets, thanks for the nice words, this song will always have a special place in my heart as it was the start of it all, this whole musical journey I am on now.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Your voice is very good......!

Find your range..... Work it to death....... Then find a new range..........

Am trying the same thing.....

Nothing in DADGAD yet for me.....

cant find the Capo 5 on it....... Lol
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SteveG

And this was your first try .... sheesh!!! I give up.

thetworegs

I found gold.....you go looking in them there hills your bound to find it you.......a fantastic song and this was truly your first...wow!!.....love it ....got such a great vibe going on .....WOW!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination