'Wounded Souls' - In need of some bass...

Started by Greeny, September 22, 2008, 02:50:16 AM

Greeny

Don't worry, Harry - I love all the input I can get!

The middle bit with the guitar solo needs a bit of welly on the bass, but the rest is open to interpretation. I'm not a bass player, so it's hard to know exactly what it is I'm looking for! I've managed to add bass myself to a few tracks, but as you say - this one is bit trickier - and needs something more than I can offer.

Prive

Sorry for the delay, i'm working in some adds, i have recorded a simple Hammond track in a Crowded house feel, just chords and drawbars moves, i really like it, at first i play some strings but the Hammond is the key for this song i think.
Tonight or tomorrow i'll upload the final version (for me of course) i have some internet connection problems.

Saludos, Marcelo.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Greeny

Quote from: Prive on September 24, 2008, 12:39:32 PMSorry for the delay, i'm working in some adds, i have recorded a simple Hammond track in a Crowded house feel, just chords and drawbars moves, i really like it, at first i play some strings but the Hammond is the key for this song i think.
Tonight or tomorrow i'll upload the final version (for me of course) i have some internet connection problems.

Saludos, Marcelo.

I've always wanted some Hammond on a song - but I never thought it would actually happen! Hope you get your connection fixed, because I'd love to hear how that sounds. I think it'll add a whole new dimension to the song. Thanks Marcelo (as always!).

Prive

Wounded souls X
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok!!! here we go, a new Bass track, Hammond organ and shakers from the second verse.
Bass and shaker recorded with MBR then exported with wave converter 2.0 to PC, tracks imported to cubase so i can use the B4 VSTi for the Hammond sound, mixed with cubase and mastered with T-Racks.
I hope you like it!!!

Saludos from Argentina to all of you people!!!

Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

danieldesete

That's a real good job. to me it has a sound of simple minds, in their best (street fighting) years !
daniel
hou hou ha ha

Oldrottenhead

great work prive reminds me so much of crowded house/split enz am tempted to do a spoon solo with it. tim post the lyrics ive bin drinking and am seriously tempted to spoil it all with backing vox. its the devil in me you know.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

4EVER_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
no spoons but backing vox from the 6th dimension, hic!!!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: Prive on September 26, 2008, 02:01:09 PMOk!!! here we go, a new Bass track, Hammond organ and shakers from the second verse.
Bass and shaker recorded with MBR then exported with wave converter 2.0 to PC, tracks imported to cubase so i can use the B4 VSTi for the Hammond sound, mixed with cubase and mastered with T-Racks.
I hope you like it!!!

Saludos from Argentina to all of you people!!!

Wow. I'm almost lost for words. Quite emotional actually!!!! This is quite unbelievable, Marcelo. You've done a magnificent job again, and I can't thank you enough. This was always my favourite song that I've written, but it's been elevated into something beyond where I could take it myself. THANKYOU!!!!!!! It'll be going up at soundclick as my main song real soon. Brilliant.

Now... how do we get it released?!!!!

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 26, 2008, 03:33:00 PMno spoons but backing vox from the 6th dimension, hic!!!

I can see where you're going with this, Jim. And I REALLY like the addition to the bridge (The more you give, the more you hurt...). Would it be cheeky to ask you to do another version with just that bit? It'll be a 'keeper' though!

Thankyou to everyone for their input and talent - I'm so glad I found this forum.

Oldrottenhead

will do. was pissed as a fart when i took the liberty last night, will just edit out allthe other bits or do you want me to post the vox track for you to mix it in.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann