Medusa

Started by Kevin Mammoth, May 19, 2010, 04:08:18 AM

Kevin Mammoth

06 Medusa
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey there crafters - I had been hoping to post a new song, and was looking good until a "HDD Read Error" reared its ugly head - I spent the last week or so tangling with that little beauty.  I think I am out of the woods now.

Anyway, in the meantime I'll post this song I recorded about a year ago.  Somehow in the process of mixing and mastering I managed to make this song sound like it was buried in mud - but hopefully something will emerge from your speakers for your enjoyment.  It is sort of 60's garage psych tune, in which I distinguish myself by rhyming "Medusa" with "mythical seducer" - I hope you like it!  Cheerio - Kev
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

I liked it a lot, great guitar sound. I'm going to check out earlier posts if this is anything to go by. Regards Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

60's garage psych indeed! Sounds quite like the 13th Floor Elevators to me. You've really nailed the feel of that era - especially on the amazing guitar solo. I love the pounding beat and the lo-fi garage scuzz of the guitars.  It's a really catchy and well put together song. I love this kind of stuff, so I'm going to have another listen right now!

Excellent work.

Greeny

And the rhyming of 'Medusa' and 'Mythical Seducer' is inspired! Love it.

Gary F

A great hard driving rocker that reaches out and grabs you,love it!!!!
Great job all around Kev!!!
Gary

Saijinn Maas

Badass! I think the vox could stand to come up in the mix a bit, but overall this is badass! I swear I can hear a bit of old Cult in your vox. Especially the way you say Medusa and Seducer. Nice!

Black Mary

Excellent song. Straight out of the 60's.Yeah, luv the scuzzy guitars & what a great riff. Sticks right in the head from the word go. Excellent drumming. They have a great feel. Perfect for this track. Love the vox & the vox effect. This sounds like a forgotten 60's classic. Very authentic. Keep writing 'em ;D
kingliggermusic

SE

Saijinn is spot on, can hear the Cult too with a tad of the Doors, great rocker, loved it.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on May 19, 2010, 05:29:26 AM60's garage psych indeed! Sounds quite like the 13th Floor Elevators to me.
Thats it exactly, right down to the singing.  Fantastic stuff.  Very authentic.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Wow - I love it Mammoth!

Great riff man! This is a really great song. You've got a great style!

It's going in my BOSS folder for sure!!!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover