Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

That`s Blueautiful Dude.

You put alot of time and thought into your tunes.

This one is stellar!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman

Great stuff Dave, I really enjoyed the way this changes, the "section" approach works very well. Truly epic, there's a whole lot of thought and inspiration gone in to this and it shows. I particularly liked the sections after "the time to go home" and the final section after "he is seen no more". It's very well put together also, the keys are a good complement to all the guitar work and never get in the way. The drums are excellent as well, they really add a level of depth to this - all done on the BR? Over all, a fabulous song.

Rather worryingly, I appear to be heading into the last verse.......better get some music done before it's too late.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Oh yeah, Dave I really love this one. Great story with lots of cool music and lyrics. You are turning into the master of prog!

PiePod for sure - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

A high quality arrangement. I always look forward to what you come up with!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks very much for listening and commenting my friends.  As I was commenting on another thread, normally when I start a song I have almost no idea where it will go, I usually have a few chords in mind and a vauge idea.  This one was the same way. I turned on my BR-1200 and recorded some guitar fingerpicky stuff with my electric and that was the start.  To come out 3 weeks later with a song like this that seems to resonate with you good folks, well that is amazing to me.  I wasn't sure right up to the end,  It felt like it could end up real cheezy, and I wasn't sure how this would be recieved.  I strugled with how much to put in.  At one point I had much more lead guitar all over the place, during some sections, but I took it all out and only left the one guitar solo.  It felt like it was distracting from the words and I was feeling excited about how the lyrics shaped up.  I really apreciate the comments.  Its all the little choices that get made along the way that add up to the finished song, I find that part so facinating and addicitve, the thrill of something good emerging from randomness and vauge ideas and sounds.

To answer a few questions: This was recorded on my BR-1200.  Drums are from the BR-1200 built in drum machine.  To give the drums some depth I ran them out to my microBR and then re-recorded them played through my "Space echo" guitar pedal.  Then I blended the "space echo" drums with the original drums during a bouncedown.  It seems to really add another dimension to the drums.  The drums came out good on this one it seems.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

This was pretty ambitious and you did a pretty good job developing it. Not using verse/chorus was a good decisions for sure.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Johnbee

Interesting concept.  Sounds like it worked well for you.

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

henwrench

A journey within a song, taking me along the Brain-waves of the one they call Bluesberry, or should that be 'Progberry'? Nice one...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Loved all the musical and lyrical ideas you have put in here, Dave. Very ambitious and accomplished!

cheers,
cuth
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

After a another listen with the words posted, I really got the song. Outstanding song Progrberry ^^

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR