still I don't understand how to make drum's track in micro BR

Started by perunko, April 30, 2010, 08:43:08 AM

#gpmproject

hi everybody

I've got my micro BR over one year, but still I don't know how to make a drum track in micro BR, I mean - intro, verse 1, refrain, verse 2 etc.. (for example), I've tried to do everything what I know ..but still, when I'm recording I'm using just one drum's loop, (like rock - V1) ...please could you explain me - step by step, how to prepare drum's track? It's really frustrated for me...

Tony W

You sir are not alone. I'm anxiously waiting a step by step procedure. I did it once, but it was so long between new songs for me, that I forgot how.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

There used to be a step-by-step guide on here. It's what I used to do my first song without the need for a manual. I'm hoping 64guitars knows where it's located...???

#gpmproject

links not working - so this is the reason, why I'm asking again...

I mean:
Lubo, first press start button ;D, after that
press Utility and than .......blah..blah..
after that press..and do...x..y...

cuthbert

Step 1: press the power button  ;D

It's not the most user-friendly feature in the MBR, but after setting your song tempo (BPM, in the upper right corner) here's what to do after pressing the Rhythm button:
  • Press the TRK 1 button to turn the Rhythm from OFF to ON
  • Press the TRK 2 button to switch the mode from Pattern (PT) to Arrangement (AR)
  • Press the TRK 4 button to enter Edit (EDT) mode
  • Choose a Preset (P) arrangement P01, P02, P03, etc., or create a Song (S) arrangement by arrowing under P and hitting the + or - Value buttons
  • If you choose to create a Song arrangement, press the TRK 4 button (EDT), to begin editing the arrangement
  • Now press TRK 1 Step (STP) button to begin programming the arrangement
  • From here, choose which Pattern you want to start with at Step 01 (e.g., P314 4/4 metronome, P327 break, etc., and set which beat you want it to start at - default is 001)
  • Next, arrow under Step 01, and hit the + Value button to program Step 02, choose which beat you want it to start at, and then choose the pattern to play, etc.

Then continue on this way through the rest of the song, adding a new step whenever you want the pattern to change at a different beat.

This should be enough to get you started. Just dive in - it's the only way to learn.  :)

cheers,
cuth

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

#gpmproject

Quote from: cuthbert on April 30, 2010, 09:42:47 AMStep 1: press the power button  ;D

It's not the most user-friendly feature in the MBR, but after setting your song tempo (BPM, in the upper right corner) here's what to do after pressing the Rhythm button:
  • Press the TRK 1 button to turn the Rhythm from OFF to ON
  • Press the TRK 2 button to switch the mode from Pattern (PT) to Arrangement (AR)
  • Press the TRK 4 button to enter Edit (EDT) mode
  • Choose a Preset (P) arrangement P01, P02, P03, etc., or create a Song (S) arrangement by arrowing under P and hitting the + or - Value buttons
  • If you choose to create a Song arrangement, you press the TRK 4 (EDT), to begin editing the arrangement
  • Now press TRK 1 (STP) to begin programming the arrangement
  • From here, choose which Pattern you want to start with at step 01 (e.g., P314 4/4 metronome, P327 break, etc., and set which beat you want it to start at - default is 001)
  • Next, arrow under Step 01, and hit the + Value button to program Step 02, choose which beat you want it to start at, and then choose the pattern to play, etc.

Then continue on this way through the rest of the song, adding a new Step whenever you want the pattern to change.

This should be enough to get you started. Just dive in - it's the only way to learn.  :)

cheers,
cuth

yes - this is what I need - thank you very much HERO MEMBER...:-)))
but my BR is from other galaxy probably - definitely - right time to sell it ..

64Guitars

Cuthbert's guide should get you started. For more info on drum programming, see these pages:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Tutorials/Rhythm_Guide_Intro.html

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Tutorials/Arrangement_Example.html

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=1814.msg13534#msg13534

Greeny: If you're referring to Pedro's tutorial from the original Microrecorders.org site, he removed it when the site changed to BossBR.net. However, there's an un-formatted copy of it available from the Internet Archive's wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080411015709/microrecorders.org/articles/create_a_simple_drum_sequence.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

#gpmproject

I'm robots programmer in plastics production (injection molding), I'm responsible for really expensive production, and I'm setter of HI - TECH machines - but drums arrangement in my boss micro BR is harder, than everything what I know :-))))
really no - user - friendly...

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

#gpmproject

...now I know, how to do it, but it's not easy...and it takes more time, than main recording... :o