My Friend Fear :- Poem and Music by OsCKilO

Started by OsCKilO, April 08, 2010, 09:51:39 AM

djbride

Very deep and emotional poem. I really like the guitar work and it fits well with the poem being recited. Excellent work.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Greeny

I love the way you play guitar. You have an ear for weaving beautiful and atmospheric melodies that have flamenco and classical echoes but remain entirely your own. This is a stunning piece of work (amongst many others that you've given us...).

I listened to the instrumental first and then the poem. The words are beautiful written and delivered. And we've all walked with fear. Too many times.

Great pics too!

Oldrottenhead

FEAR3_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay, let me explain , tharek asked me if i could sing his poem to the tune, i had a couple of go's and thought it cant be done, i printed off the words and put a time at the beginning of each line as a guide. still couldnt do it. anyway last night i did manage to do something, in the process i wore out two sets of batteries, have been off line for a day or so but tharek insists i post it.
so with great trepidation here it is.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

No need for trepidation! This ORH-enhanced version is brilliant. As always, James is able to inject emotion, drama and fragility into the words. Peter Gabriel couldn't have done better! A top collaboration!

It feels like this could be built up into a huge epic, with this as the intro. I can hear the big, rock follow-up kicking in to introduce a different type of fear and menace.

OsCKilO

Stunning jim . . . . . 

thank you!

I knew you would make it awesome. . .

Shall we do another?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

QuoteShall we do another?
go on then. but not right now, there is a big yellow thing in the sky, i got my shorts on, beer, bbq and no snow, so gimme 5 minutes, i'm sure this heatwave wont last too long.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gary F

The dynamic duo!!!!

Awesome work guys!!!
Gary

Redler

Very powerful and emotional performance!! Jim's voice and Tharek's guitar complements to each other! Stunning job, guys!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

This is great guys. Only wish I could sing/ write such lyrics. The accent both of you have plays so well into the guitars. I could only imagine how my southern drawl would ruin this beautiful playing. LOL. Glad I finally made it to this gem.
recorder
Tascam DP-02