Red House

Started by Speed Demon, March 28, 2010, 11:32:35 AM

Speed Demon

I like the fulltone for blues. The other sound is good for rock.

In all cases, very nice playing, Bruno. Tasty licks.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

dobrodaddy

I agree is the fulltone  more melodic and more fluid.  Satch is more muscular, but tone feels 'stiffer'.  Really fine, blistering takes on each, Bruno.  Well played!  Glad you liked my take w the Melobar, thanks!  DD   

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

little_chick

Whew, that's some red-hot jammin'!  Can't wait to hear the dobro version!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Hi Guys - thanks for the comments - its interesting coming back and listening to this from yesterday. I thought it was an interesting experiment!

I agree totally, the fulltone is one amazing pedal - the Tonebone is nice, but doesn't do the just distorted sounds easily. The Satchurator is great fun, but really a Satch sound, and very little else - great at what it does really well - but the Fulltone all the way for me - big, fat and juicy sounds - love it to bits.
What's interesting for me is that I've just realised that your playing changes to the sounds!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

Bruno, you are quite correct about playing style changing with the sound produced on the instrument.

I set my amp for maximum overdrive, endless sustain, then back off on the volume until time for the
solo, then full volume, full drive. Even breathing on the strings produces sound.
No pedals at all, just raw, brutal power.

Then I turn the amp on and it gets much louder.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.