Red House

Started by Speed Demon, March 28, 2010, 11:32:35 AM

beleg

I will let someone else take a crack at the fills and the second solo. It screams for a Guitar solo and I just don't have those kinds of chops on guitar  (the opening is distorted piano)

bruno

Track 98 - Red House
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Saw this - couldn't resist a go at a bit of blues, way too many notes but great fun :)
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

dobrodaddy

Wouldn't've found this w/o your post Bruno.  I liked your take on it a lot.  Gene's vox is great on this.  I don't think I can resist either..... gonna have to try a ride w the slide.  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

bruno

Go for it DD, it will be nice to hear a bit of slide on this. This track is very enjoyable and satisfying - thanks SD - you can't beat a bit of them old blues!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Facemask93

Oooooh , thats what I'm talking about

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

bruno

So that was COSM emulated amp fronted by the ToneBone Hot British (valve) pedal, with the MM Luke. Have recorded again with two pedals, the Saturator (which is barking) and my FullTone Robin Trower Pedal (which is simple fab) - both with the PRS - I'll post these other versions as a compare and contrast (sometime soon!)!
B.

The luke

recorder
Boss BR-1600

dobrodaddy

BT - Red House Speed Demon DD
Time:
Volume:
The ride on the slide came together pretty quickly.  This is more of a slow burn than Bruno's take.  Tho the bird call register will definitely clean out your ears LOL!

Man, Bruno I have no clue about the gear you mentioned [other than the PRS, of course LOL!]

This a a relatively rare Melobar lap steel w dbl Bill Lawrence blade 'buckers.  36 frets marked! Wheeeeeee.....  Played thru Roland MicroCube using H2 as interface into Audacity. 

Sounds like there's gonna be a blizzard of guitars around here!  Lots to compare and contrast.   DD 

Melobar custom lap steel   
Zoom H2

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

bruno

DBD - Wow, loved the sound of Melobar - what a sound. Well done, great, great sound.
Put a great big smile on my face - which is ironic given this is the blues, and we should have a miserable look on our faces :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Track 98 - Red House - Satchurator
Time:
Volume:
So lots of discussion around guitars and tone - I thought I'd conduct an experiment - and do the same piece with different pedals - to get an idea of how you can stretch the sound.

This is the version played with the VOX Satchurator pedal - played with the PRS through the COSM emulated amp (adjusted). This is a totally mad pedal, which actually gets close the Satriani's sound. Picture below - here's a picture of the pedal.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Track 98 - Red House - Fulltone
Time:
Volume:
And the fulltone version to compare. I think the Fulltone is much more musical - but let me know which pedal sound you prefer (I know its very subjective). Same guitar and emulated amp as the Satchurator version - quite different!

recorder
Boss BR-1600