What is the best way to record stricty vocals and to upload them to a pc?

Started by Maverick31, January 26, 2010, 05:34:19 PM

Wiley

Too late can't type worth shit!!, But anyway check out some of the mics they use. Maybe they can answer some questions.  I will ask around some to a few I know and see what they say!!
PJ

Maverick31

You see, I'd rather trust the opinions on this site.
If you have doubts about what best buy has to offer, then I'll just wait for the MicroBR.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Wiley

To be honest I don't really know what is good or not. Best Buy could probably tell you what would be best.  I have never sang directly to pc so I haven't a clue.  But where they are into that stuff I should think they could help you. or someone else here might be able too!!

launched

Considering the fact that your options are limited, that looks like the mic for you. The reviews were positive, it's a condenser mic (If you pick up an acoustic guitar someday it will be great for that as well), and it comes with Cakewalk Sonar LE, which is pretty good recording sofware. You can load songs from here or wherever and mix it up with that.

The only drawback I see is that you will be limited to computer software recording (USB connector), which is probably your best route to take anyway.

Sometimes you just have to take a leap and do it. I don't see you taking a big risk here! And a product like that will most likely have great phone support to help you with problems you may face when installing.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Maverick31

Quote from: launched on January 30, 2010, 10:32:25 AMConsidering the fact that your options are limited, that looks like the mic for you. The reviews were positive, it's a condenser mic (If you pick up an acoustic guitar someday it will be great for that as well), and it comes with Cakewalk Sonar LE, which is pretty good recording sofware. You can load songs from here or wherever and mix it up with that.

The only drawback I see is that you will be limited to computer software recording (USB connector), which is probably your best route to take anyway.

Sometimes you just have to take a leap and do it. I don't see you taking a big risk here! And a product like that will most likely have great phone support to help you with problems you may face when installing.

Mark

Great! Looks like I'll be adding my voice (not sure if this will be a good thing or bad) to my lyrics... along with some cover song collaberations (hopefully). I think me trying to do some cover songs of music that I'm very familiar with would be a good start when it comes to first-time singers... would you agree? You know, put some headphones on, with a song that I'll be singing to while just recording my own voice... I would think that would be a start. I've never attempted to hear myself sing, but I never thought I would write lyrics either, so screw it!

Also, buying this product from best buy means that it's going to be free... seeing how I have a free $100.00 gift card coming in the mail.
-Layne Staley

Wiley

Wiley

So Launched!! Here is a ? for you!! I have the son ECM-DS7OP condenser mic that is recommended for the BR.  Can you plug that in through the mic jack on the pc and use it?  This is all new to me and interesting. As SingSnap people sing directly to pc's  Very interesting.  would like to know more myself!

Maverick31

Well, I bought the mic/software from best buy... I have no idea how this stuff works. The software is called Cakewalk, and since I'm so new at this whole process, I feel pretty lost. Any idea's?
-Layne Staley

Wiley

JeeeZ don't ask me !!!  But I am sure there must be some tech guys here that cna help!!  ;)
You got me scared!!

Maverick31

I'm messing with it, very strange program. I've been reading up on it, and playing around. I'm getting SOME results, but still a little lost.
-Layne Staley