Bottom of the Ocean - Sandy Gritt

Started by Gritter, January 04, 2010, 04:41:34 PM

indierik

Grit, this is beautiful. I love so many aspects of the song; the drums which compliment the acoustic guitars so perfectly, the lyrics, the distant guitars, the bubbly sounds the over-all production. It might just be my favorite song of yours! Effin' Fantastic mate!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferryman

It's oldies but goldies day. I'm loving this - as PJ says, I love that sonar beep, great use of a sound effect. Very catchy, simple but effective construction and nice bubbles as well! Neat little solo in the middle, so much to enjoy. Your vocals have recorded really well here and come across superbly.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Wonderful song there is just so much to admire about this. One of my favourite Gritter tracks already.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Very cool song, Sandy and definitely a goldie in the hallowed 'aquatic' vein.  Was there a backstory about the VO studio sessions that I may have missed?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gritter

Quote from: cuthbert on January 05, 2010, 12:20:08 PMVery cool song, Sandy and definitely a goldie in the hallowed 'aquatic' vein.  Was there a backstory about the VO studio sessions that I may have missed?

Just a reference to my last post "Lovin'" which was recorded there. The studio is in the building where I work.

Thanks Cuthbert...and huge thanks to all for listening and the lovely generous comments.

T.C. Elliott

I too enjoyed this song. It's a real relaxing ride with lots of little interesting bits here and there. Very well put together.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

mike

Groundy

TRUE GRIT, Sandy this is just brilliant, great vox, and your harmonies..........Alex ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

henwrench

very, very good. Again, atmosphere in your song is perfect. Amazingly good solo section!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Just a great tune which is so well recorded this is quality work
recorder
Boss BR-80