"Our Time"

Started by brent_faceoff, July 03, 2008, 12:48:08 PM

Our Time
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys.  I've been lurking on here forever and even got some help with my BR600 and decided it was time to post one of my works in progress.  I'm digging this little machine but have yet to figure out how to get full vocals on a song with drums, bass, rhythm guitars (panned hard L and R), and a lead guitar.  I've done about 3 acoustic tracks and vocals sounded great.  For this song I bounced everything down to track 5/6 so I have 1-4 open for anything I want.

Is it the effect that makes this sound off?  I've been using either the CM+BigEQ or the CM+FatEQ effects on the vocals and recording the signal wet.  I recorded these vox in one take just to see how it would sound and something just sounds off about this one...any suggestions?  Thanks for listening!  All critiques are welcome!

Pedro

This is pretty awesome. Sound is great! Maybe the vocals are too dry, put a little of reverb on it. But overall it sounds very good. It could go to the radio just like this. :)

Bluesberry

Holy crap that is polished and professional sounding.  Very good job.  A bit of reverb may be all your vocals need to sound great+ (they already sound great).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

Whoa! Holy crap is right, Bluesberry. Where the heck did this come from?! This is absolutely crazy good. If I could rank it, it would be 5 stars out of 4. Posted in July, huh...3 posts? Get some more of your stuff on here pronto.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

SE

Hey great track my man lets here some more as BB says a wee bit of reverb on the vocal and it,s their, very commericial and saleable.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

Great job! Same comment.  A little bit a reverb on vocals but otherwise excellent production.

The Reverend 48

Absolutely Fantastic...you are a real talent!

hooper

Fantabulous!  :)
The writing, playing and singing reminds me of Ben Folds and sounds like a profesional production.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

jackofall

I'm just tresspassing into the BR-600 zone, as I thinking about getting one. When I listened to this, I just couldn't believe my ears. The song was so good, I'm just amazed at the talent on this site. This song is easily as good as anything you'd hear on TV, radio, fims etc...EASILY as good. It just shows you that the songs out there making pots of money are not better than the music of thousands of guys sitting in their bedrooms...the injustice is enfuriating!   
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Ferryman

Me too, a bit of trespassing, but this is a really great song and you have a fantastic voice, one to rival Kody's! It comes across really well, although my personal preference would be for more drums and bass in the mix - it's mainly guitar and vox, especially if you listen on lower quality gear (that's my "radio play" test). But it's really, really good and as the others have said there's a lot of talent here. Fantastic!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR