"Our Time"

Started by brent_faceoff, July 03, 2008, 12:48:08 PM

Migs

Hey Brent.  Me Lurk Here Too from Micro BR.

That is one great pop/top 40 type song.  Very very commercial ... and that is a good thing if you want to pay the bills.  I like ... lots.  No point being alternative if you starve in the process.

Nigel, you can't compare that to Kody - Kody eats gravel for breakfast or something. 
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Geir

Another lurker here :)

A brilliant, catchy song !!!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SharksDontSleep

Oh yes ... This is a really good song. Reminds me of Bowling For Soup
Good singing & playing, plus a really catchy melody.

The recording could be improved by a bit more drum action (higher in the mix perhaps, or maybe another drum kit).
I don't mind the vocal effect, but have to agree that maybe a little reverb/echo would improve it.

I plan my recordings similar to you, only I bounce mine to 7/8 and then add a mastering effect (for that final polish) on to another 7/8 virtual track.

Looking forward to hearing the next one  :)

SdC

Loving it big time!
Great songwriting. And I love the dryness and crispiness of the sound; I don't think you'd need to add more FX. Just the bass could pound through a bit more for my taste.
I agree that the drums could be a bit "more" (not so much volume, but a bit more cymbal action possibly).
But professional enough to show off with as-is for sure!
Thanks for sharing.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Rickocaster

I really, really enjoyed this!  Great lyrics, great changes, great instrumentation. More please! :D
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Rolow

First rate song! ;D  The guitars sound great.  The vox is excellant, maybe just a little more reverb, but fine as is too.  I would definitely like to hear the drums a good bit more.

This is really good song writing/story telling.  Something like The Boss, or Billy Joel in the fine, flowing, meaningful way you shaped the lyrics.  Yes, this will sell, my friend.

Don't know where this post has been for a year and a month, but glad I heard it, and hope to hear more. ;)  Keep 'em coming!
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

SteveG

DAMM good song. Wonder if the guy will ever come back and read all this, and how the hell it went unnoticed for so long?

Oldrottenhead

wow missed this one i need to come to the 600 board more often
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

I could be listening to my radio here  8) 8)
soulds like elvis costello in his prime --wow
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

upsetminded

Really great sound.  Totally could here this on the radio.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor