"Sans Scatting"

Started by Blooby, September 13, 2009, 10:06:36 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on September 13, 2009, 10:06:36 AMThis was done on a Hagstrom Viking II on loan from a local store to try it out.  I ended up not buying it although I may look at their higher-end models down the road.

I recently read on Harmony Central that Hagstrom has started shipping their Tremar series guitars. The Viking Deluxe Tremar looks pretty nice. Price is $775 at MusicLandCentral in Pennsylvania.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

Wow cool jammin stuff here Blooby !!! 

Super percusion - super guitar licks - super bass lines as well !!! 

Nice Improv work & guitar runs ala Bruce Greg Allman Blooby!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

hooper

Very nice improv playing on the drums and guitar and the bass doing a fine job to keep up.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Wiley

I don't know about loose. I thought this was great.  Couldn't listen to this stuff all day.  Nice and mellow and smooth. Awesome job!! And great bass and drums.

lg

Nice jazzy jam .... Grateful Dead comes to mind.
Nice drum work also.
I love a good jazzy jam!

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Flash Harry

Magic jam. It's got a great tone.

Drumming was super!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Bloobster!! (In the voice of Dana Carvey impersonating Johnny Carson) This is gooid schtuff!!

That drummer kicks ass - The same guy that plays with you all the time? Excellent playing all around, but the drummin' kind of stuck with me on this one. Except for the gluey bass line. And the Garcia-like guitar licks.. Alright, it was all great...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

We be jammin - well place licks - smooooth !!!  It's concert time guys - let's get a move on.....go to the Blooby Show - would luv to see you guys jam out live !! - down at the "doll house"  .....   oh yeh!!! :)

Nice string skippin chordal presence.....great stuff man!!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

I didn't want to start a new thread for this one, but I just couldn't resist the post of my realization of a dream come true...  Yes, a drunken sod scatted all over a jam of ours.

This is more of a "put it on and do other stuff" jam rather than music that needs intent listening (vast understatement).  It was the bass player's birthday, and there was some Cabo-Wabo to be had. This was the very simple result...groovy yet narcoleptic. I'm not sure too many of you will make it all the way through...unless of course you have consumed large quantities of pot brownies. In that case, all bets are off. Perhaps you should get stoned before listening, or if you've been thinking about becoming a stoner, now is an excellent time to get your feet wet. And after listening, you always have the option of pondering life's vicissitudes in Jackofall's philosophy thread.  I wish you well.

Regardless, I did get to use my latest toy, an Ibanez AS-80.

Blooby

If player doesn't work below, the download button hopefully will.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Oldrottenhead

wow blooby just listened to the first post missed it first time around awesome gonna get my lugs round the additions now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann