"Sans Scatting"

Started by Blooby, September 13, 2009, 10:06:36 AM

Facemask93

Hi Blooby
What a tremendous jam , i'm mighty jealous of living room meetings that can produce music of this quality , it certainly deserves a live audience at the very least , do you play all genre's of music , or mainly jazz , and how do you go about recording the session , Micro BR or Daw , i loved the bass , mainly because it's so prominent , excellent post.

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Blooby

Thanks for the bump.  I forgot completely about the second jam with the actual scat.  Too funny.

FM, to answer your questions, I run everybody into one of the eight input channels of my BR-1600. The first jam had me overdubbing bass while the second one on page two was all live.

Lately, I've just been playing a lot of classic rock when the guys come over to play.  My other playing musical interests have taken a backseat in correlation with a complete lack of free time. I wouldn't call what we did jazz, mostly because I don't have a strong theory background to tackle any jazz in the truest sense of the word. Do like to noodle, though.

Blooby

Mach

Wow this is a jem! From the first note I knew this was gonna be good. Great drums, bass and guitar playing for sure. Love your laid back phrasing and subtle rhythm passages. This going on my mp3 player. Excellent stuff!
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR