cripes another diamond i missed.
this is yet another shiner.the wah works a treat
great listen

T
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 22, 2009, 01:44:40 PM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on August 14, 2009, 01:49:00 PMI happen to work as a game designer for a video game company. Video games is why I have "God Mode Enabled". I see it everyday when I log into our servers to activate content.

Cool! That must be a fun job.

I wrote a couple of games myself back in the dawn of home computing. I wrote "Slider" for the Commodore VIC-20 (in BASIC) around 1982/83. It's the classic "fifteen" puzzle.

Then I wrote a Commodore 64 game called "Starbase Defender" (can't find a picture of it at the moment). I wrote it in 6502 machine code for speed. Although the "graphics" were done entirely in text mode, it wasn't a bad game for its time. At least, I enjoyed playing it. But game development has advanced immensely since then and I haven't kept up-to-date with the programming techniques. I wouldn't have a clue how to write a modern computer game.

That's pretty cool! What made you get out of working that field?

I'm not a programmer actually. I work on content. So most of my work is based around writing stories, dialogue, and using the programmed system of an MMO architecture to come up with in-game systems. I do use some scripting, but that's the extent of my "programming" knowledge. ;)