Shine On Sai (Challenge)

Started by Saijinn Maas, August 14, 2009, 12:24:27 AM

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Geir on August 14, 2009, 01:11:59 AMSeriously good playing Saijinn!!

Delicate choice of notes and cool phrasing!! ..... and with your wah you really make that guitar speak!!

God mode enabled indeed !

Thanks Geir!

Reading your comment makes me wanna clear something up so it doesn't make me sound so full of myself. heh

Having "God Mode Enabled" under my name has nothing to do with me thinking I'm Mr. Badass on guitar or anything. Far from it. I happen to work as a game designer for a video game company. Video games is why I have "God Mode Enabled". I see it everyday when I log into our servers to activate content.

There! I feel better now.  ;D

AverGo

This took me to places, brilliant take.

Wiley

I loved the sustain.  Just hangs in there.!! Great job!!

guitarron

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on August 14, 2009, 12:24:27 AMI used the wah on my new ME-70, but I think it sounds a lot more digital after exporting it. :/

i hear that too-but it works-i like it
nice take

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Satchwood on August 14, 2009, 01:20:13 PMMy lunch time at work is about all the time I've got for music lately......wish I could record then......hopefully this is only temporary....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great job Sai!!

That because you are obviously allotting way too much time for sleep! A good chunk of that time can be used for recording! Where's your priorities man!!!   ;D ;D ;D

galestermusic

QuoteThat because you are obviously allotting way too much time for sleep! A good chuck of that time can be used for recording! Where's your priorities man!!!

We need sleep?, I knew I was forgetting to do something.

Great playing Saij! I used to play thru a talk box with no talk and turn everything up. This sounds a lot like that tone.

Man video game designer, shammer lol

LAter dude! :)

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: LESTG on August 19, 2009, 02:17:01 AM
QuoteThat because you are obviously allotting way too much time for sleep! A good chuck of that time can be used for recording! Where's your priorities man!!!

Great playing Saij! I used to play thru a talk box with no talk and turn everything up. This sounds a lot like that tone.

Shammer? SHAMMER???  I haven't heard that in years! LOL

galestermusic

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on August 21, 2009, 10:26:40 PM
Quote from: LESTG on August 19, 2009, 02:17:01 AM

Shammer? SHAMMER???  I haven't heard that in years! LOL

Figured you would get a kick out of that. How does one get in that business? I still study my JAVA book even though I'm not in school anymore lol.

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: LESTG on August 22, 2009, 05:06:20 AMFigured you would get a kick out of that. How does one get in that business? I still study my JAVA book even though I'm not in school anymore lol.

I kinda lucked into it. Answered and ad on Monster.com. Called me in and I worked as a TEMP QA Analyst for the first 16 months. Then got hired permanent and transferred to the DEV department to be a designer. Otherwise the old saying of "you gotta know someone" is kinda true if you wanna go straight into design. But getting in as a QA Analyst (Game Tester), most companies have a hard time finding competent people who don't think the job entails "playing games".

64Guitars

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on August 14, 2009, 01:49:00 PMI happen to work as a game designer for a video game company. Video games is why I have "God Mode Enabled". I see it everyday when I log into our servers to activate content.

Cool! That must be a fun job.

I wrote a couple of games myself back in the dawn of home computing. I wrote "Slider" for the Commodore VIC-20 (in BASIC) around 1982/83. It's the classic "fifteen" puzzle.

Then I wrote a Commodore 64 game called "Starbase Defender" (can't find a picture of it at the moment). I wrote it in 6502 machine code for speed. Although the "graphics" were done entirely in text mode, it wasn't a bad game for its time. At least, I enjoyed playing it. But game development has advanced immensely since then and I haven't kept up-to-date with the programming techniques. I wouldn't have a clue how to write a modern computer game.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website