There Was a Time (work in progress)

Started by indierik, August 13, 2009, 03:16:59 PM

indierik

THERWASA
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I started writing this little number a couple of years ago, before I was given this wonderful little piece of equipment which makes me sound much better than I really am. This is a sleepy little number, and this time I decided to add my own bassline (which I rarely do) and a little piano (which I rarely do) at the end. It's a work in progress.

I think the bass might be a little heavy in this mix do to the "Live" mastering effect I used.

Let me know what you think?

ear-rock
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

OsCKilO

Did Someone Just Open Up an Extra Large packet of "Awesome Sauce"....?

Bass solo is cool!!!

There is a lot of mellow stuff coming out on the site as of late.

This will sound Great when you put the Boulder Park Vocal on!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

indierik

Thanks allot T(Osckilo)!! I'm quite happy with the bassline I came up with, perhaps i should play it more.

I think Gabriel would do a great job with this one, but honestly I hear a females voice doing this one. What do you think? Any female singers on this site? Just for fun mind you. 
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Tangled Wires

Great piece of music, that bass is sublime. Can't wait to hear a vocal to this, its got the makings of a Bolder Park classic!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Smooth, lovely .... ahhhhh peaceful !!!!  Great work!!

Quote from: indierik on August 13, 2009, 03:56:05 PMAny female singers on this site? Just for fun mind you. 
Well we have PJ (Wiley) and there's a new girl in town ... Foggers I think ... she haven't posted any music yet I think, but you could PM her, and you could try ACA (my daughter ... she's posted 2 songs a while ago) ... oh yeah .. and that other girl .... littlechick or something like that ... she's got a good voice .. posted a couple of songs
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Can see what you mean femaile vox would just compliment this already great tune.Geir,s daugher would would really be excellent on this hope it comes off.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

I love your bass.  It is not overpowering at all to my ears. Fits well!!  Do you have words for this?  Geirs daughter has that more high haunting voice. But if you wish I would give it a try. I think it is a great song. Yup old me post a lot!! lOL  You guys probably wish I would shut up!!. I wish the other girls would post.  I get lonesome.
P.J.

Rata-tat-tat

Now this is smooth. Tastefully played... Yes... add some female vox in there and you got yourself a real gem.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

indierik

Thanks guys.....and girls. I really appreciate all of your kind words. I do need to clean this one up a bit, and I might even add some parts to it, lengthen it, and maybe even change the effect on the lead/melody part to something with a little distortion, but I'll have to experiment with that.

Geir, I took a listen to your daughters voice and I am very impressed. She was born with a gift and I'd love to collaborate with her on this one. I'll send her a PM.

Again, thanks everyone for taking the time to listen to my silly little songs and leaving me fantastic feedback. ;D

erik
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferryman

Not silly songs Erik, like so many on here, real gems of inspiration and talent. I loved the gentleness and simplicity of this, it's much more straightforward than a lot of the Bolder Park stuff, which gives it a slightly different feel. The bass is fine, lots of people put the bass too low IMO, this works great. It's a nice bass line, I like the way it doubles the guitar at the end. Really nice, some vox would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR