Not Afraid

Started by OsCKilO, July 23, 2009, 08:08:37 AM

hooper

A mighty big sounding production out of such a little silver box!  And that voice and accent colors the words with such simple majesty. Fine job!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Davo

This is excellent.  A very thought-provoking piece.  Those words have provided comfort for alot of people for a long time-in very different cultures, in very different places.  It still is relavent because it gets to the core of what man is.
One more thing, your drum sound is awesome.  I love the room reverb there (probably natural?)  How did you mic your kit?  A bit Steve Albini in sound.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Facemask93

As usuall T , a Wonderfull , and very individual piece of music ( a big shout to Tims brother as well)

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

SE

Just a terrific piece of work up to your usual high standard, hope your air play goes well best of luck.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Quote from: osckilo on July 23, 2009, 08:08:37 AM
The Psalms are something I always read when I need a bit of help......

They are so Powerful....

Psalm 91 gave me the help I needed to get through a Tough time a while back...

I thought I'd share it with you....

It makes you think, "What is there really to be afraid of in this life.....?"

Me and Kai found a real drum kit for this one.....

Peace

T and Kai
(Osckilo)

Great job T and Kai!!  This is truly an inspiration to me!!!

I'm going through a rather tough time right now, so this song has sunk in deep!!  Thank you for sharing this powerful verse-to-music song!!

Unafraid and Peaceful!!

Tommy..
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

This was just amazing.!!!  I don't know how you could improve it.  It is great!!  Very emotional.

OsCKilO

Hi all

Thanks for the comments on the track!

I see the division and evil "people" create using religion as a tool..... It is really hard to see past the bad sometimes........

But there is no harm in a bit of personal faith though....

I'm a great believer in this school of thought that there is no Compulsion in faith......A person will believe in what they want, and such is their right....

Faith is something personal........And for whoever wants to know.......

The first time I realised the power of this Psalm was when a friend gave me a gift to travel to Nigeria with in May 2005.

I used it before but never realised what it really meant.

The Gift I received was a bible.

Inside was a small note which read "Psalm 91....Will Keep you Safe...."

When I got out there, I was met with a seemingly chaotic and desperate land.

Governmental Corruption had robbed the people of wealth and quality of life, and in turn created a crime filled and "harsh" way of life.......

I read the Psalm every night.  I had No reason to..... But there was no good reason not to..........

One night, I was using my phone as a torch in an unlit road in a rural part of the state called "Abakeleke".  Some guys pulled up on a scooter next to our party from behind.

The passenger raised a gun and proceeded to demand that I give him my phone using a silver hand gun.

All I had with me was a golf Umbrella as it was the storm season.

The first reaction in me was not fear....  
It was Dark...A gun pointed at my face.....But no fear......

Instead, I raised the point of the umbrella to the males face.
Is said to him "This is not a phone... It's my torch. We have nothing for you."

I placed the phone in my pocket at which point he demanded "Put this Umbrella down 'O'!!! Put it Down!"

I stared past the barrel of his gun at him and said "What Umbrella? There is no Umbrella Here.... We have nothing for you..."

The male the seemed overly confused and said "Just Go! Just Go!" in an extreme panic....

He then ran away from where we were standing and Back on to the Scooter ("Ocada" as they are called.) and rode off into the night.....

The individual I was with was shaken badly by this incident. I calmed this person down as we made our way to meet with the rest of our group, who were used to life in West Africa...

They asked as to the shaken state of the person I was with, to which I replied by detailing events.

A resounding laughter took hold of the small bar we were in. One of our Group, "Obi" (Larger than life and twice as tall), a man that I have great respect for said "You are a true African Now!"... He then quoted the words to the song "African Gentleman" by Fela Kuti, and pointed out the irony in its lyrics......

The fear has never set in about this incident. But the words from the Psalm seem extremely relative to what occurred, and how it was resolved.

Seems like a tall story, but I have no reason to lie to you guys.....  

The Military use this Psalm to protect the troops....

I pray that anyone who needs the protection offered in this Psalm will find it.

This track is not an attempt to "save" anyone.........

Just us sharing something good, that has worked very well for me.

Peace all

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Davo

They were real drums recorded on the fake Sony condenser Mic we have....

We recorded the drums and rythm guitar at a rehersal studio.....

We set up the mic wrong, and the recording was really dry at first....

We mastered it twice using the "Dance Comp" setting and it sorted it out....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Ok this was a thought provoking song.   But you know what??? It doesn't matter what religion or not religion.  It is all about good verses evil.  NO matter what you believe it all boils down to that!!!!  Good VS. Bad  Now we don't want to start fights. Please!! Some of these kindsof posts lead to  to much hate and discontent, as my hubby would say. So please just love us as we are.   I love all your songs!!  And lets just promote love to all!!

OsCKilO

Quote from: wiley on July 23, 2009, 07:37:18 PMOk this was a thought provoking song.   But you know what??? It doesn't matter what religion or not religion.  It is all about good verses evil.  NO matter what you believe it all boils down to that!!!!  Good VS. Bad  Now we don't want to start fights. Please!! Some of these kind of posts lead to  to much hate and discontent, as my hubby would say. So please just love us as we are.   I love all your songs!!

I feel exactly the same way P.J!

No Fights on this post!

And Religion Doesn't matter!

Peace as Always

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR