JustNice&Slow...dayala09

Started by Diego Ayala, July 11, 2009, 11:20:47 AM

Diego Ayala

JustNice&Slow
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is one more...  Just got my strat out of its storage box and cranked it up - this br900 is a cool little unit.  Need to do some bouncing and free up some more tracts.

A little stress release blues I composed many years ago, and finaly had the opportunity to add other instrumentation...  Man, have been playing too much my 12 - wrapped my hand around the neck of the strat and it fell like I had a pencil in my hand!

Bro

Wow nice hot blues going there!

I really enjoyed the drum too!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Now thats atmosphere, WOW.  It feels like you have been playing guitar for 100 years the way you throw those licks down, not a care in the world.  The effects there and licks remind me of Robin Trower blues.  You can play man!  Super post.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 11, 2009, 04:45:55 PMNow thats atmosphere, WOW.  It feels like you have been playing guitar for 100 years the way you throw those licks down, not a care in the world.  The effects there and licks remind me of Robin Trower blues.  You can play man!  Super post.

Thanks Ojimi & BB!  Man, I am having a lot of fun putting this stuff together - much to learn yet about keeping my time together while adding instrumentation --- yeah BB, I was introduced to R. Trower in 1976 -by one of my first Gringo friends I met when I first arrived in the USA --- the summer of 77 I was also introduced to Leo Kotke - so that kind of shows you how messed up my brain is with such extrems of musicians, plus all the latino stuff - then you add the other 1,000's - hard not to have hybridized all these sounds.  And then Kody turns me on to this br900 and forum --- my gray matter has increased by about 1/2 pound in a months time with such great talent/passion for music...

Bosko Schwartz

I dig it, Diego!  Very cool, nice and smooth light blues!  Sometimes "blues" can actually be happy! ;D  Is that you banging away on congas?  I like this.  This is definitely Alaskan Beach Music!

Good job, man! :)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 12, 2009, 11:08:43 AMI dig it, Diego!  Very cool, nice and smooth light blues!  Sometimes "blues" can actually be happy! ;D  Is that you banging away on congas?  I like this.  This is definitely Alaskan Beach Music!

Good job, man! :)

Thanks Bosko - again!!!  Yeah my congas --- this is the song I messed up in the br!  I was going to redo a few things - the congas are not tuned quite well, and the bass just got in the mail last week.  Have to transfer my Audacity tracts back into the br unit ---  Tammy is @ work, so I'm taking the opportunity to do some musician - when she gets back, then we'll head back to the Alaskan Beach scene!  The sun is full blast , so as long as it does not turn cloudy we'll have us @ least in the 70's.

Geir

Smooth relaxing blues !!! Love the use of congas as a change !!!

Sets a good mood indeed!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

Hey Diego!! I've been very busy lately, haven't had time to comment!!  I've listened to your stuff....I'm so glad you're obviously getting the hang of the ol' BR900!!  Very good stuff....Hearing this reminded me of when I was playing w/ you guys in a bar~ and you'd wipe the guitar neck down with GUN OIL!!! LOL!! Good memories!! Sounds really great!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

guitarron

nice relaxing tune-the drum is cool-good job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Thanks Geir, Kody and Guitarron!!!  Yeah Kody, those were the days when I could still use gun oil on my guitar strings --- until it was determined by the guitar doctor (Scotty) that it was toxic to the guitars!  Had rub-off the finish on the necks and not a good thing to get moisture in there according to the Dr...  so now I use either olive oil or lemon oil - if get the munchies I can at least (now) lick the neck - ha!

I have yet to figure a few things - not spending as much time as i would like to in the br unit -- I am using it, but limiting myself to a 3 or 4 piece band - need to do some bouncing - so figure I only need 4 tracts --- yeah right...  Problem is I am using 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 tracts to record them in stereo - were maybe I don't need to do this - run out of tracts quick - trying to figure how best to bounce to maximize my tracts -

I understand the concept of bouncing, but I have not figure out yet how to adjust things once I bounce into a v tract -  Like yesterday I bounce (i think that is what did) and bounce the congas into the rythm guitar tract, which did not want to do.  May take me a little while, but it has gotten a lot easier to navigate and tweak things.