Summer NAMM 2009

Started by 64Guitars, July 03, 2009, 06:58:15 PM

64Guitars

Summer NAMM starts in two weeks (July 17-19). If you're interested in reading about new product announcements, you might want to bookmark this page:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM09/

Roland usually uses the NAMM shows to announce any new products.

Winter NAMM 2000BR-8
   Summer NAMM 2001      BR-532
   Winter NAMM 2002BR-1180/1180CD
   Musikmesse 2003BR-864
   Winter NAMM 2004BR-1600CD
   Winter NAMM 2005BR-900CD
   Winter NAMM 2005BR-1200CD
   Musikmesse 2005BR-1600CD Version 2
   Winter NAMM 2006BR-600
   Summer NAMM 2006Micro BR
   Winter NAMM 2008BR-900CD Version 2

I don't know if they're planning to release any new recorders this time around, but we can hope. Although, they seem to favour the winter shows.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Well, Roland didn't announce anything at Summer NAMM 2009. Not a single new product. It seems that they might be trying to get away from NAMM announcements in favour of their own global product launch on the web. Here's a recent Press Release:

For Immediate Release
Amanda Whiting
Media Relations Manager
Roland Corporation U.S.
(323) 890-3718
Amanda.Whiting@RolandUS.com

ROLAND TO REVEAL FALL 2009 PRODUCT LINEUP

Los Angeles, CA, August 3, 2009 — Roland Corporation U.S. is pleased to announce an exclusive online launch event, Roland Connect.

On September 1, 2009, all worldwide joint ventures of Roland Corporation will simultaneously announce a new and innovative lineup of musical products via a unique web exhibition at http://www.RolandConnect.com. This coordinated effort across all branches of Roland Corporation, with headquarters in Hamamatsu, Japan, is meant to promote worldwide brand awareness and cohesion across the entire company.

"We are very excited to be part of this global effort to promote Roland's exciting new lineup of products," says Dennis Houlihan, President of Roland Corporation U.S. "Customers all over the world will be able to visit one website to learn about all of our new offerings."

The web exhibition is currently staged at http://www.RolandConnect.com. On September 1, RolandConnect.com will be transformed into an interactive, engaging experience for musicians seeking to learn about the latest Roland products.

---------

About Roland Corporation
Roland Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, audio processors, and multimedia products. With over 35 years of musical instrument development, Roland sets the standard in music technology for the world to follow. For more information, visit http://www.RolandUS.com.

So, I guess we'll see what new products they're offering on September 1st. Will any of these new products be BR related? Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see, and hope for the best. Three weeks from today.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

New product lineup?  Sounds very intriguing!!!! Can't wait to see!!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SteveG

Whatever it is I wont be able to afford it :(

Greeny

I want a new, expanded Micro with more guitar fx and more rhythm patterns!

Ferryman

If they improved the MBR, I would have to afford it. I really love this thing so much. Even the BR600 is too big for my needs so I won't move up but would part with hard earned readies for an MBR with more features.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

My needs are quite the opposite, Nigel. I want a full-size recorder with proper faders and controls and a big display. The Micro BR is way too small for me. Those tiny buttons would drive me crazy (crazier?) and I don't know how I'd keep it from sliding off the table and crashing to the floor every time I moved. Even the BR-600 is a bit too small. I want something about the size of a BR-864 or BR-900 but not quite as thick. I wouldn't want a recorder as big and heavy as the BR-1200 or BR-1600 though. I want something that's just big enough to accommodate lots of full-size controls and a big display, and just heavy enough to stay put on the desk or table.

As for features, I'd like to see Boss offer something like the Zoom HD-16, but with SDHC cards for storage instead of a hard drive, higher-resolution meters, and a USB Host connector for attaching external storage such as USB flash drives or hard drives.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Davo

Is it in anaheim again?  Im 30 minutes away, I wonder if they would let me in?

If I had gone last year  I could have met George Fullerton :(
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bro

Can't wait to see what they come up with this year.

No way I'm gonna make it there though :(
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

ianjm

We have to make do with music live, at the nec here in the uk.  Went last year and got a bargain, a vox da5 for home use. Tiny amp with big cajones!!!!

Last year Shy were playing (blast from the past) and dave colwell from bad company.

This november they have a lineup of tribute bands to recreate the 1988 donnington monsters of rock. Ironicaly maiden, dressed to kill, uk guns n roses etc

cant wait

See if I can pick up something like an ovation!!!