Small Town, Friday Night

Started by Bob Iles, June 27, 2009, 07:54:28 PM

Bob Iles

Thanks to everyone!!  I was definitely going for the Van Halen feel on this one.  I'm glad you all picked up on that.  The guitars were recorded with my DIY pedals direct into the BR.  I used the clean tubes (#62) preset, and modded it to sound as close to my real amp (Peavey ValveKing 212) as possible.  As for the drums, they are a combination of preset BR rhythms with some editing done by me.  I find that using the "room" kit yields the most realistic drum sounds.  I edited some of the basic BR rhythms and created many of the drum fills.  It's painstaking work, but the results are well worth it, IMO.

I'm totally flattered that you guys are digging this one.  And sorry for the delay in responding.  I've been without internet service for about two weeks.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

Ferryman

Haven't listened to any of your stuff before as I don't come over here a lot but this is a great rocker, excellent guitar work and great drums for BR standard stuff. Excellent work.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rolow

Great song, great guitar work, great production.

8)
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bluesberry

I missed this one.  This is top drawer Bob.  Very good energy, very good groove.  Nicely realized original song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bob Iles

This was the second set of lyrics I wrote after a twenty-year lyric writing hiatus.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

ohkamp

Wow, Bob!!! Did u record with Micro Br? Very nice!!!

Bob Iles

BR600 and home built effects pedals.

Dmann

Bob Iles

stuart3645

loved it Bob, a great foot stomper that one :)