An overdue hello

Started by Ron Whistle, January 08, 2023, 11:55:12 PM

Ron Whistle

Hello!! I'm an old guy from Arizona in the U.S.. I've been in a bunch of bands over the years. I primarily like punk, but my tastes are unpredictable.I've been watching this site for years and finally pulled the trigger. I recently collaborated with Ted (half-hearted fanatic) and Stephen M.

kenny mac

A very big welcome to the songcrafter family Ron.
I'm based in Scotland.
Looking forward to your work and comments.

Zoltan

Welcome!

I like the shirt. That's my kind of punk :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ted

Songcrafters might be interested to know that it was Ron who suggested I learn to play bass, since I had no previous musical experience in high school, and no apparent talent. But also he is connected to some of my most well received posts here.

• "Dechromium Cob" This is one of the first songs I ever wrote. I didn't know how to play anything, but Ron knew how to play the da-DAH-duh-dun-dun-dun blues riff – otherwise this song might not have come to be. In this post you can hear a drunken, 16-year old Ron playing and doing background vocals.
  • Ron knows my obsession with "Theme from The Munsters" goes way back – I tried to sneak it into the first song I ever arranged for him.
  • He handed the perverted idea for "School Bus" over to me – the main riff, the chorus, and some partial verses. I took over from there.
  • The main guitar hook for "You Don't Know What You're Talking About" came from Ron, but it's my friend Dave on guitar (the only other person I've ever recruited to Songcrafters.)
  • "First and Last" tells the story of our band, the Nutrients. Ron is name-checked in the lyrics.
  • Ron "co-wrote" "All Muddy" by bringing back snippets of overheard conversations from a monster truck event.

I've also posted videos of some of our live performances:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

Welcome, Ron - from southern Maine, USA! Looking forward to hearing more music from you (no pressure).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Hi Ron...

hope you post some songs on the site here!  rock on!  and welcome

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

Hi Ron, i was so taken with dechromium Cob i had to have a go,https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=6492.0 a few years back and deffo influenced my path.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Hi and welcome to Songcrafters Ron. I'm from sunny N. California. I look forward to hearing some of your songs!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?