The Nutrients - Live on New Years Eve 2013

Started by Ted, January 04, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

Hook

you don't look like your self portrait at all (I assume your the front man)! Watched "Dumb Animal" & it rocked out. Can't wait to watch the rest later!
Happy new year!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

work commitments have meant i havent had time to watch these vids yet but i did get a snatch of dechromium cob, when i get a break i am gonna crack open some beers and watch them all.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: Hook on January 05, 2014, 11:08:25 AMyou don't look like your self portrait at all (I assume your the front man)! Watched "Dumb Animal" & it rocked out.

I'm actually the bass player, on the left, who keeps wandering in and out of frame.

Dumb Animal is a real oldie; 1985 or '86. My mom bootlegged about 100 cassettes of that song and gave them to all of her friends.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

Watched a few... Really cool performing!!! Dumb Animal and Dechorium Cob...brilliant! Nice live feel at your gig! Really good recording...everything is in balance! On which gear you recorded these?
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Excellent Ted !!

Really enjoyed watching this. I'm not through all of them yet, but have listened to most of the originals and a couple of the covers. I especially appreciated to get both Monsters Inc. and Decromium Cob !! And even a couple originals you haven't posted here before! I did miss Jodie Foster tho ;) ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Loved Dechromium Cob, disappointed your daughter didn't do backing screams though. Looked very tight Ted, you were having a great time. I liked Shot by both Sides, the guitarist did pretty well with the solo (one of my faves of all time).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Redler on January 05, 2014, 11:17:28 PMOn which gear you recorded these?

It was just a camcorder. The vocals were kind of distorted, but I think that was because the mixing board wasn't setup quite right.

Quote from: Geir on January 06, 2014, 02:28:08 AMI did miss Jodie Foster tho ;) ;D

You know, I've considered introducing that song to this band, but I think it's not quite right for us; too many chords. We are trying to avoid songs that need a lot of upkeep between rehearsals.

Quote from: Ferryman on January 06, 2014, 03:35:43 AMLoved Dechromium Cob, disappointed your daughter didn't do backing screams though.
I liked Shot by both Sides, the guitarist did pretty well with the solo (one of my faves of all time).

She was there. If you look closely during Dechromium Cob you will see me beckoning her with my finger. She acted like she couldn't see me.

On Shot by Both Sides, he used to know John McGeoch's solo spot-on. The old geezer is slipping.

Thanks for watching and listening.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

am, watching shot by both sides, and am blown away that you guys did a magazine cover.  fmgwabp. i never thought in a million years that you guys would even be aware of magazine. FMGWABP.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 06, 2014, 09:33:27 AMam, watching shot by both sides, and am blown away that you guys did a magazine cover.  fmgwabp. i never thought in a million years that you guys would even be aware of magazine. FMGWABP.

In the old days (the 1980's) also we used to do Give me Everything.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac