Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Love this one. I felt there was a Metallica-y feel to this at the start but then it devloped its own style. Great song, really well cosntructed, I like the quiet guitar at the end. My only temptation would be to double up the rhythm-y /riff guitar and move the bass into the middle of the mix. I like the way you have recorded the vox a lot. Any chance you could post the lyrics?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Thanks for the kind comments everyone ;)

This is what I working on when I hand the accident with my fingers. I spent three nights trying to write lyrics for this and to come up with a suitable melody. Many versions scrapped.

I added the lyrics to the main post.

Thanks again ;)

Geir

Great song Saijinn Maas, really great !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

galestermusic

DAYYYYYUUUUUAAAAAMMMMM!

Great song! This could easily be in a rotation and on the charts. Very Very Nice!

A great story told too! Only one who has been there would recognize it!

galestermusic

I have listened to this four times LOL Its just the lyrics take me back a few years to a different person I was. I totally dig this song.

The say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery....I would love to have a run at this with your permission! And if you have any ojection I totally inderstand it is an awesome piece and credit would always be given where its due.

To sum up...BAD ASSS!!!! (can I say that in here, oh thats right forgot about one of OHR's posts :))

Saijinn Maas

Thanks! That really means a lot. I too went through some rough times after I got out of the Army. I eventually had to give up drinking. Been almost 13 years now.

By all means. If you'd like to have a run at it, be my guest! ;)

Can't wait to hear it! :D

galestermusic

Funny how the Army does that to us. I spent almost nine years in there, I took my last drink March 17 1997, my birthday is March 19th. A lot of people were mad as hell to say the least.

I heard it once no lyrics was there, and I thought that riff is really kick ass and then I read the lyrics! I pulled opened my drawer and dug the T-Shirts out LOL.

Great stuff Saijinn!

Oh what unit was you with?

Saijinn Maas

Funny... My last drink was May 17th 1996. My Dad's b-day, a week before mine on the 26th.

It DID kinda put a damper on everyone's plan to go out and get wasted. heh

I was a 31V (Communications - Think they are 31U now) with the 3rd Forward Support Battalion/3rd INF DIV based out of Schweinfurt, Germany during Desert Storm. I got out in '93.

What about you?

galestermusic

I was an MP attatched to 18th Abrn. Went TDY to provide security for the JIF In Desert Sheild/Storm/Provide Comfort. Went back to Dix to put away bad people then went to Italy with the 173rd. got out and went back in in 94 finished up in 99. I finished at Sill.