Consolation (by BerryPatch Productions)

Started by Bluesberry, January 02, 2022, 06:30:40 PM

Bluesberry

Consolation
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My brother wrote this song just before Christmas....he played it live on his front porch and recorded it into his phone, voice and acoustic guitar......yesterday Keith took the file and put it into the Br-1200 and we added the rest...trying to keep the live feel of the original demo.....we had some good fun with this...cheers everyone....great job on production Keith.....

Consolation
Paul Berry: lead vocals, acoustic guitar, songwriter
Dave Berry: harmonica, electric guitar (Epi Sheraton)
Keith Berry: e-drums, bass, piano, organ, backing vocals, production duties

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

well, I have always been a big fan of the Canadians music.  What's not to love so this fits into the catalog of my Canadian song love...
really like the feel...it's like listening to radio in the old cars we had growing up....I loved the radio... this recording is better than that by far but it has that kind of feel...lots of goodness in here...
cool family stuff....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Yes, this is a great one! Warm and natural sounding. The vocals are perfect and the same applies to the backing vocals also. The playing is straight to the point. The whole mix is so full that's it's almost impossible to think that was sprung from the front porch sessions :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

The back story adds to this. It just sounds raucous and fun like something spontaneous in the corner of a party.

Nicely done.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

What a talented musical family you have. This is great, love all the additions on this, the harmonica is a nice touch. Great vocals and music all round. It reminds me of a Dylan song a bit.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

cuthbert

Hot damn, that was great, fellas.

I love how it goes gradually from spare guitar to fully fleshed-out arrangement. Excellent Maritimes folk style song, and harmonica and backing vocals stand out in particular along with the piano, organ, electric guitar, drums. Sounds like it could be a great lost track from The Band.

Excellent job - from the song to the additions, to the family similarity of your voices - all with top-notch production.

Well done, gentlemen.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

kenny mac

What a talented family.
Love the full feel of this.
Love those backing vocals too.
Excellent performance.

hardlock

A consolation collaboration! Too cool! - Very well performed and produced song. As mentioned, a very talented family for sure!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

guitarron

Really love the feel of this one. Keeping the original track really served the overall vibe well. The simple drums and piano really are infectious. Terrific job. Sounds like the adds were live on the porch as well. Well done my northern brothers

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Outstanding Berry Jam at the Patch! Has a real Traveling Wilburys feel to it. Spectacular.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely