Time Traveler (remix for the addition of ORH's vocals)

Started by Satchwood, May 08, 2009, 09:10:38 AM

Satchwood

TimeTraveler_panned4vox
Time:
0:00
Volume:
PsychFest (banner image missing)

ORH, here's my best stab at a remix of Time Traveler.  I panned the guitars wide left and right, and even panned the keyboards a bit.  Hopefully that opens up a nice spot for your vocal addition.  I'm looking forward to hearing your vocals now....hopefully the guitars and keyboards wont drown you out anymore...

Admin note (2011-06-01): See this message for PsychFest mix.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

currently mastering another go at it. plenty of space for a vox i could hear myself a good bit better when recording. however, i struggled with it, cant believe i did last nights in two takes practically off the cuff, this time with lyrics written down and in my hand, my timing was all over the place, but i got there in the end, you can certainly hear me better but i think i prefer last nights version, so when i post this version in a minute, i am going to go back to it, and see if last nights vox would be better on new version of track. will post in a minute with lyrics etc.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

traveller in time take 2
Time:
Volume:
here is lyrics and new version

i am a traveller in time
moving forward
hour by hour
day to day
never knowing
what lies ahead
the days in front of me
whats yet to come
and encompass me
maybe your love
maybe your soul
 maybe your heart
for that is my goal
ever forward
i am a traveller
will you walk with me
i am a traveller
will you come.....
with me
a journey
together
forever
wherever
however
we are all travellers in time
moving forward
hour by hour
day to day
never knowing
what lies ahead
the days in front of us
whats yet to come
and encompass us
will it be love
it has to be love
it must be love
its gotta be love
it has to be love
it has to be love.....
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Headed out the door so it had to go str8 to the player - I have no doubts it will be good, though....

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

traveller in time remix with 1st vox
Time:
Volume:
here is the remixed version with the original take of the vocal, slight difference in lyrics, but not sure which is best version but vox is much clearer than in last nights mix.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Wow, very nice!  Great job ORH! 

I've listened to both versions a couple of times now.  I favor parts from each, so I can't really pick the better version yet.  I'll keep listening throughout the day....a very very catch tune now!  I like your haunting voice in the keyboard parts in the song...

So when do you want to start the tour?   8)

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSo when do you want to start the tour?
haha i'll ask the wife. like you i like parts in both versions, so i'm going to live with this one for a day or two and then try and do the optimum version, saying that i could always cut n paste the best bits from each take but not enought time in the day for that.

by the way thanks for putting in the extra effort to create the space for the vox, and it was brilliant without my vox anyway.

an other idea now that lyrics are posted maybe greeny or wiley or geir or one of our our singers might want to have a bash on it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Hey ORH, it was a pleasure to do my first collaboration with you - it was a learning experience as well!  Hopefully everyone enjoys the song more with vox - I do! 

Sure, if any of the other singers on here: Greeny, Wiley, Geir, Kody, others, ... want to give it a spin.  I'd enjoy hearing different people's voices over my instrumental tune!

Thanks again ORH for the cool lyrics and vox - this song is catchy now!

PS. My son thought that you have an Ian Astbery (the Cult) sound to your voice  8)

Oldrottenhead

haha, i saw them when the where still the southern death cult, before they found their feet, though they where still good. i was actually going for a sort of neil hannon (the divine comedy) slant. but i will take the compliment. i am going to try this in different ways myself, but that style seemed  the best fit. so far. im sure kody could nail this one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann