Time Traveler (remix for the addition of ORH's vocals)

Started by Satchwood, May 08, 2009, 09:10:38 AM

Ferryman

A number of points to make:

1. This collaboration is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. I love it. There are so many good things on this site, but this is one of my all time faves. I just love it when the keys come in, and the vox are spot on.

2. I won the mix contest!!!! Lead guitars on the outside, rhythm on the inside, ha! Sounds good.

3. Southern Death Cult = great, The Cult = bunch of soppy big girls blouses.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Quote2. I won the mix contest!!!! Lead guitars on the outside, rhythm on the inside, ha! Sounds good.
nah ye didnea, lol.

southern death cult where supporting theatre of hate and the gang of four when i saw them, sounds like a death metal line up hehe.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

traveller in time scottish mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay, just watched later with jools holland, fellow glaswegian paolo nuttini was on tonight, never really listened to him before inverted snobbery thought he was pop music, however he sang a line i wish i wrote, something about being born from love and then dying in love AYE!!!!!!!!! so i thought a wee bit then thought a wee bit more, and then realised i get more emotion over in a song when i sing in my native tongue (well accent i speak english bit wi a scottish accent) so thought i whit aboot a scottish version. well here it is, my favourite version so far.

oops buggered up earlier by posting a short mix here is the full one nooo
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I was going to say this is amazing, but I have to say that I'm not amazed, I'm delighted that the song has turned out as brilliantly as it has, but I have to say I expected it to, hence the lack of amazment.

It is absolutely fantastic. The remix works so well. The vocals are clear and there is loads of room in what could have been a very busy arrangement. It has an anthemic feel and the Scottish version is my favourite. It just sounds genuine and unforced.

Simply devine, it is such a wonderful piece of work. ORH you almost sound as weary as I would expect a time traveller to sound. Like you had been there, done it, got sick of it and was looking for a way out, and chose love as your exit.

I'd choose it over immortality.

Both of you. Very very well done. It's a pearl.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH you almost sound as weary as I would expect a time traveller to sound.
i think it was the stella artois effect that i used on my vocals .
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Wow!  James - flippin the best version right here!  I luv it!  Great job ORH !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

I've never checked out this site...   I can't go there right now, but I'll check it out later.  What is the nevermet site?

I checked your bunkbeds site out yesterday while I was at the library...you've got some great tunes there!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

Forgot to come back and post - This is awesome! The mix is great - very prof and polished.

Later,

Mark

P.S.

I just found out about the nevermet site a few days ago - This should be posted there if possible - It's good to have that site - I was able to find some good stuff without having to dreg here - It's really tough to go back more than a couple of pages.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Thanks for checking in again launched and taking the time to comment!  I'll have to check out the nevermet site...