beautiful land by jemima's kite tweaked and finished.

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 24, 2009, 05:17:35 AM

Flash Harry

I like spending time with these guys. It stops me from stabbing people.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI like spending time with these guys. It stops me from stabbing people.
bad week at work mike? lmfao.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 24, 2009, 01:08:39 PMI like spending time with these guys. It stops me from stabbing people.
Ah, the streets are safe again. Please make sure the next one is a triple concept album so we keep Flash sane for a while longer....

Seriously, this is a superb finished product. The production is top notch, the lush harmonies and vocals are excellent. ORH, did you double the lead vox or put some kind of chorus effect on it? The acoustic feel works really well. Seems like ORH has been on hols as well, no one got strangled in this lyric.... Keep 'em coming boys.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

I like this one. Very relaxing to listen to. Good song, good performances and good use of effects, without over-doing it.  You guys have really got a good combination of talents and skills working together in your productions.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

dragonshade

WOW guys. Now this mix is PERFECT. Seriously, takes this to an entirely different level than the original posting. Almost as if hearing a guitar in perect tune.... rises beyond, this is truely exceptional. As with any great band I think the members meld better, feel each other better, and get more in tune as they grow together. This is a real life example.

Bro

How did you get such a clean recording?! Did you use the onboard mic?

And if so, how did you get it so clean?!

Anyway love the song, i like the acoustic lead parts and the backing vocals!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Oldrottenhead

QuoteHow did you get such a clean recording?! Did you use the onboard mic?

And if so, how did you get it so clean?!

Anyway love the song, i like the acoustic lead parts and the backing vocals!
sorry i was half cut when i left the hic comment last night.

when i recorded the lead vocal, i turned the music down to 80, used the fornylon setting and had the sns input up to 8. i held the mbr in my hand at a slight angle and sang.

for the backing vocals, the first higher voice i sang using guitar effect 22 st clean through the onboard mic to two tracks to get a stereo effect.

the second backing vox was done in the same way but using vocal fx1. lead vocal was on one track panned centre, both backing vox to two tracks panned full left and right.

turning the music down when recording the vox, helps you hear and monitor yourself a bit better and there is less chance of peaking or missing the fact that you are peaking cos you cant hear for the music. hope that makes sense.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Jim1970

Great song!! Great  production overall. Great job Guys!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR