River Of Time (Original song)

Started by Bluesberry, April 12, 2009, 07:40:43 PM

Ferryman

I'm still catching up with old posts and only just found this one. This is fantastic work - the production quality and depth of instrumentation is superb. You've produced a very high quality recording here, again showing just what is possible with this little box of tricks. I love the way you vary the guitar sounds throughout. And I like the Kaossilator! It's a great addition - adds some real depth across the stereo mix and creates a nice atmosphere. Very well done indeed, much kudos.

BTW, your voice reminds me of Ian Curtis out of Joy Division.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

Blues....

Damn dude that is beyond exceptional. All that you have going on here... the harmonica, the drums (were they BR?), ALL the guitarwork... Blues this is a complete, original, wonderful song.... including lyrics.... a SERIOUS acomplishment.... then adding how damn good it is! To me this is yet another example of how we are all growing, and improving.... constructing and recording orginal music we never thought we could, and that is MUCH better than we could have really ever hoped. KUDOS brother.

I know exactly what you mean about the mulitple bounces, levels, etc. I find myself spending a great deal more time listening, adjusting, listening, recording (with only slight adjustments), rebalancing, listening, rerecording... etc. The end result though is a mix and balance I could not have achieved only months ago. Same here on this piece for you it seems.

Bluesberry

OK, I have been educated, I checked out Joy Division, holy crap is that good stuff.  This site is so great for education.  I am very impressed by them.  Nigel, that is quite a compliment to compare my voice so someone as great as Ian Curtis, thank you.  I am working on my singing and that comment gives me a huge confidence boost, thanks for that and thanks for helping me discover Joy Division, I never really paid any attention to them before.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 18, 2009, 12:40:00 PMNigel, that is quite a compliment to compare my voice so someone as great as Ian Curtis, thank you.  I am working on my singing and that comment gives me a huge confidence boost, thanks for that and thanks for helping me discover Joy Division, I never really paid any attention to them before.

I'm glad you took it as a compliment! Your musical style is a bit different and Ian Curtis is not a "traditional" singer. So on first hearing you might think it a bit odd. But when I heard one of your first original posts, your voice reminded me of him and on this track even more so. There is a kind of intensity in your range that is similar to his style, and I think it works well. Keep using that voice and keep the emotion in there!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I thought I was listening to a lost track from Neil Young's 'Harvest' when this one started! Fantastic work. All the effort you clearly put in has really paid off. This is a fully-realised, beautifully constructed song.

And you discovered Joy Division too!

Isn't music a wonderful thing?!  :)

Geir

A Bluesberry Bump for the Birthday Boy !!

THIS WAS MADE ON THE MBR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Great Bump...missed this gem first time around.

Superb musical touches throughout, great vocal and the production is first class.

The construction of the song is perfect, but then we have come to expect that from the master Songcrafter!

The scary thing is that you have got even better since you wrote and recorded this!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Hahaha thanks for the Birthday bump.  I have fond memories of this song, first i almost smashed my mBR in frustration while recording, then I went out and got my BR-1200 a couple of weeks later...The synth sounds were from my kaosilator... which drove me out to look at real keyboard synths.  So I look at this one as a real transition song, a transition into new gear.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Do you know this reminds me so much of Neil Young in his earlier days when the flame burnt really bright. Loved it............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Really nice vibe going on good bluesy feeling a n great
vox. fits song perfectly enjoyed the listen TC NEIL