River Of Time (Original song)

Started by Bluesberry, April 12, 2009, 07:40:43 PM

Bluesberry

River Of Time (128vs)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
*************Edit 2011/04/12 Here is a higher quality version withe the full guitar solo restored  :o ::) 8) ;)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Here is my new song I wrote over over the last week and a bit.  Man this one kinda took off on me. It took all v tracks, 8 bounces (including final master), after I got off a MP3 the memory card crashed, loosing all but the MP3.  I don't think I want to go any more complex with the MBR, it is just too much of a pain (and this isn't really that complicated a song).  Anyway, I am finished.  Everything is played by me straight into the mBR.  I had to chop a bit out of the middle solo to make it fit in the size limit for here.  So here it is, "River Of Time".  What do you think?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

This production is marvellous! 

Sounds truly epic! Nice use of the Mic feedback as well.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I love this, bro! It's as real as the sun sets. I'd tell you about how well it flows and whatnot, but everyone else will get to that...  The big thing is the arrangement doesn't "breathe all over you" while listening. It kind of hangs by your side instead.

Joe Cocker? Yep. Just keep singing that storm up.

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The Reverend 48

The Production is very impressive.. you are turning into a first class BR techie ;D
The Harp Playing is masterful and I love the tones of the 2nd Lead..... 8)
IMO I think the vox is a little high in the mix compared to the rest of the stuff and maybe could be softened a bit...
Oh and I thought the lyrics were brill 8)
This is a major project which I know you have worked really hard on.........
So Bravo Bb Take a bow 8)

Bluesberry

Thanks for the great comments guys, I tried to stretch out a bit with this one, The problem with the MBR is the limited number of tracks for playback, you end up bouncing and bouncing and bouncing.  You get 3 or 4 bounces in and it gets real tricky to keep all levels straight,  After a bounce I found going back to the bounce before are re-doing a lot because the levels weren't right anymore. I agree that my voice may be a bit high, but my ears were shot by the end of this bouncing and rebouncing madness yesterday, I made a MP3 to just listen a see how it sounded on my IPod, stereo, car stereo, etc, and the damn card died, loosing all original tracks, all I have is the MP3, so it is locked into the way it is now.  I had intended to add vocal harmony parts to soften the vocal out a bit, but it is done now, I have run out of gumption on this one.  I need a machine with more tracks for any more ambitious projects like this, it is all to time consuming.  The keyboard/sound effects stuff was done with my new toy, wait for it, a KAOSILLATOR.  What a wonderful, fun device those are.  I can add keyboard sounds to my songs without actually playing keyboards (never learnt that one). Thanks a lot.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Great song well played and recorded, sorry to hear of your mishap you sound really frustrated but you still ended up with a great peice of work. I, m a lot less techy than you are so I have only ever used the four tracks and try to keep things as simple as possible because I get all mixed up and don,t know where the hell I am.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

A big WOW BB!!! Great production .... Lots of stuff going on . Love all the effects with the kaossilator .... and the playing and singing and the arrangement .. GREAT!!
Cant wait til you get the BB (big brother :) )
G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

I think you did a very good production on this.  I really loved your lyrics.  And of course your guitar playing is always brilliant. And we can add the harmonica to that also.  Just a great job all around.

Jim1970

Nice one!!!  I feel your pain when it comes to bouncing multiple tracks.

Looking forward to more.

Jim
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Great tune! I just feel a little cheated by the drums. I really don't like sampled drums, but thats just me. Great job !
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.