BR800 files = BRO?

Started by Glenn Mitchell, July 09, 2015, 10:21:44 PM

Glenn Mitchell

It's been a while. I used to know all this.
I lost a song but found the BRO backup files on my computer.
Are these the BR800 or my MicroBR?
How do I make wav files from the BRO's?
Thanks BRO
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on July 09, 2015, 10:21:44 PMIt's been a while. I used to know all this.
I lost a song but found the BRO backup files on my computer.
Are these the BR800 or my MicroBR?
How do I make wav files from the BRO's?
Thanks BRO

If you backed them up with the brilliant BR Song librarian that 64Guitars made you will see it ther. If not you can take a look in the SONGINF2.BR0 (beware not to edit that file!!!!!).

In a BR800 the beginning of that file will look something like this:

BOSS BR0 Format SONGINFO2Ver1.00BR-800      SONG0012.......
on the MicroBR :

BOSS BR0 Format SONGINFO2Ver1.00BR-900          SONG0012.......
If you copy the song folder for (let's say SONG0011) to :

c:\ROLAND\BR0\SONG0011.BR0

this folder should then include these files:

ARRANGE3.BR1
EFFECTS3.BR1
SONGINF2.BR0
SONGPRM.BR1
TAKE_DAT.BR0
TAKE_DT1.BR0
TAKE_DT2.BR0
TAKE_EVT.BR0

then you can use the BR wave converter software (BRWC.EXE) to extract the wave files.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Glenn Mitchell

Thanks. The folder does contain files like these
I opened the BR wave converter but when I try to search my hard drive for the back up folder, it says "Not a BR series memory card" .
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Oldrottenhead

you could transfer a song folder from your bro folder to the bro folder on an sd card formatted for  either microbr or br800. you will find out which recorder song was done on, from the recorder it works in. if it was done in mbr it will work on mbr but not br800 and vice versa.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on July 10, 2015, 06:13:36 PMThanks. The folder does contain files like these
I opened the BR wave converter but when I try to search my hard drive for the back up folder, it says "Not a BR series memory card" .

That's because your backup folder isn't in the location where BR Wave Converter expects to find it. It MUST be in the same location (relative to the root directory) on your hard drive, flash drive, or whatever as it would be if it was on the BR. That means the ROLAND folder must be in the root directory of the drive, the BR0 folder must be in the \ROLAND folder, and the SONGxxxx.BR0 folder must be in the \ROLAND\BR0 folder. There are other requirements as well, but those are the main ones.

The easiest way to access your backups and convert the tracks to WAV files is to use BR Explorer. It will work regardless of where your backup is stored. Just browse to the backup folder from within BR Explorer to get information about the songs in the backup. Then click the "WAV" button at the top of BR Explorer to launch BR Wave Converter and convert the tracks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Glenn Mitchell