G'day Songcrafters, I humbly seek your wisdom.

Started by CaptainJimbo, March 20, 2015, 09:41:24 PM

CaptainJimbo

Is it possible to add a couple of vocal tracks to the mastered track on 7/8?
This would be ideal but, I've got the feeling that this is not possible and I'll have to import tracks one and two and do a remix.

That master track doesn't seem to want to be played on the BR-800, where as it will play fine on the computer. If I could use that as a backing track whilst I lay down some vocal tracks and then bounce them all down to 5/6 it would be great.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

"Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat"

CaptainJimbo

Mr 64, I seem to have an issue with importing from my computer to the BR-800. I've downloaded that new driver (BRWC310) you recommended but I still seem to be running into the same initial problem which is when I plug in via USB and open the WAV Converter the only drive I am able to successfully use is H which is the BR-800, if I try to use C or any other drives a window pops up saying "Not BR series memory card".

What am I missing?

Thank you for your patience , oh wise one.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

Geir

Take a look here

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-800&id=62121891

On the bottom of the page you can download  the br wave converter manual.

But it's really quite simple. Like 64G said. Press import on the brwc. Select 2 free tracks for a stereo or one for a mono. Press go and select the track you want to import to your BR800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on April 04, 2015, 06:44:44 PMIs it possible to add a couple of vocal tracks to the mastered track on 7/8?
This would be ideal but, I've got the feeling that this is not possible and I'll have to import tracks one and two and do a remix.

It's definitely possible. There's nothing special about tracks 7 and 8. They are no different than the other tracks. You can play back tracks 7 and 8 while recording new vocals on tracks 1 through 6 (making sure to select empty v-tracks, of course). Then you can mix all 8 tracks to empty v-tracks on any pair of tracks.

It's not ideal though because you're a bit limited in creating a new mix since your earlier work is already mixed on tracks 7 and 8. It's always better to mix from the individual tracks rather than adding to something that was mixed earlier. But if this isn't possible because you've lost the original tracks, then adding to the mix on tracks 7 and 8 may be satisfactory. Give it a try.

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on April 04, 2015, 06:44:44 PMThat master track doesn't seem to want to be played on the BR-800, where as it will play fine on the computer.

The only reason I can think of that you can't play back your mastered song on the BR-800 is that you've selected the wrong v-track. When you master, the default destination is Tracks 7 and 8, v-track "VMST" (I believe VMST is just another name for v-track 8). When you want to listen to the master mix on the BR-800, you have to select the same tracks and v-tracks you used as the destination when mastering. So, assuming you used the defaults, you need to set the v-track of tracks 7 and 8 to VMST. Then you should have no trouble playing back the mastered mix.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on April 04, 2015, 06:58:30 PMwhen I plug in via USB and open the WAV Converter the only drive I am able to successfully use is H which is the BR-800, if I try to use C or any other drives a window pops up saying "Not BR series memory card".

That's correct. The BR Wave Converter is designed to work only with flash memory cards created on the BR (as is the BR Rhythm Editor).

However, it will in fact work with any drive that has a ROLAND folder in its root directory, where the ROLAND folder contains the same files, folders, and directory structure as a BR memory card. So, to use your C drive, simply copy the ROLAND folder and its contents from a BR memory card to the root directory of your C drive. Then, when you start up BR Wave Converter (or BR Rhythm Editor) and select your C drive, it will see the ROLAND folder and its contents and be fooled into thinking your C drive is a BR memory card.

If you're using Windows, there's a much simpler way to use the BR Wave Converter to access BR backups stored on your hard drive, and they don't have to be in the root directory as described above. Download and install my free BR Explorer software which you'll find here:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BRX/index.html

In BR Explorer, navigate to the folder on your hard drive which contains your backup (the ROLAND folder). Then click the WAV button in BR Explorer. It will transparently create a temporary virtual drive based on the selected BR backup location and launch BR Wave Converter with that virtual drive already selected. You can then import/export WAV files from/to the selected BR backup.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

CaptainJimbo

You sir, are the Oracle.

I am truly humbled by your wisdom and generosity.

I shall give it a crack the very second I find a spare moment in my day.

Many thanks.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.