Love Is All - Nick / odh original

Started by ODH, April 29, 2014, 04:13:42 AM

ODH

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Love is All
w/m Nick Morgan

No aps were harmed in the making of this song.

I can't figure out if I need to put an additional vocal part into this song.  There are stretches which seem like they could take a vocal, but I can't get anything which fits.  Then I listen again and like it the way it is.
 ??? ??? ???
Oh, I don't know, I'm confused, I am.

Also I've no idea if the SoundCloud player will work.  I hate SoundCloud.

http://soundcloud.com/one-divine-hammer/love-is-all
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

I think it sounds great, especially with headphones (and the player's working fine) but I think it definitely needs something else. I could hear like a chant (love, love, love is all, love is all you need hey hey hey hey) and some oooohs (I'd layer them up with harmonies, but that's me). You could counterpoint it too maybe - IMO :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

Quote from: Hilary on April 29, 2014, 05:26:57 AMI could hear like a chant (love, love, love is all, love is all you need hey hey hey hey) and some oooohs (I'd layer them up with harmonies, but that's me). You could counterpoint it too maybe - IMO :D

That's interesting.  I did have a chant which I toyed with "this-is-important-to-me" starting on the second beat under the "Love is all" and repeated ad nauseum; it was then going to turn into the first line of the verse / white-boy-rap through the middle part.  Didn't really get off the ground, or hasn't yet at least.

Thanks for the feedback.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

Quote from: Nick_ODH on April 29, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
Quote from: Hilary on April 29, 2014, 05:26:57 AMI could hear like a chant (love, love, love is all, love is all you need hey hey hey hey) and some oooohs (I'd layer them up with harmonies, but that's me). You could counterpoint it too maybe - IMO :D

That's interesting.  I did have a chant which I toyed with "this-is-important-to-me" starting on the second beat under the "Love is all" and repeated ad nauseum; it was then going to turn into the first line of the verse / white-boy-rap through the middle part.  Didn't really get off the ground, or hasn't yet at least.

Thanks for the feedback.

oh yeah a rap sounds good!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça