"Something Funky Came This Way"

Started by Blooby, December 18, 2013, 07:07:56 PM

Blooby

Quote from: Geir on December 19, 2013, 02:35:14 PMDo you have a cut switch on your guitar or did you add that effect in the daw?

It was a plug-in called BigSeq2.  It's basically a series of gates that you can pan, EQ, control volume, etc.  I assume the Boss Slicer would do something similar in a floor pedal.

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on December 20, 2013, 11:22:48 AMTrying to count it in 5/4 made my head spin, 4/4 worked briefly... I even tried 6 and 8 time....

I am actually playing in 4/4 on the bass (over two measures). My difficulty came in trying to play the guitar in 5/4 over the drums. When I did it successfully, it sounded like really bad King Crimson.  That's why I eventually just drank a couple beers, turned my mind off, and went for it. I have done things like this in the past where I have changed the drums after recording the other stuff against 4/4, which makes life much easier while still putting a twist on things.  

Thanks, all,  for the positive vibes.

Blooby

Lurker

I'm inspired!  A lyric is coming to me.  It involves rabid squirrels and waking up under a pool table in a dive at the end of a dirt road in rural Florida.  No wait.  That was this morning.

64Guitars

Awesome! Great guitar solo. Love the drums too; especially the cymbals. They sound much more realistic than the cymbals in the BR's drum machine. Is that your electronic drum kit?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

get outta here man! when i finish work today, i'm gonna have this on loop and try and dance to it in my underwear.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

ORH, we want a video of you dancing.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Blooby

Quote from: Speed Demon on December 30, 2013, 04:52:36 AMORH, we want a video of you dancing.

Let us not be hasty...

64, to answer your question, that is Addictive Drums.  It is an absolutely amazing program.

Farrell Jackson

Oh yeah this is so cool Blooby. It hits that controlled chaos phenomenon somewhere in the middle of your solo with the interaction of the drums and bass. Way, way, cool writing, performance, and recording!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Picker

I don't know how you kept in time with that....from your description, it sounds like it was a leap of faith.....but it did not sound like that.  Great guitar tone.  And wow, the drums are awesome.  I didn't think they were programmed drums.  My first instrument was drums and I've never been able to get programming that good, they have a real human feel to them.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH, we want a video of you dancing.

Let us not be hasty...

no i think everyone has seen enough of my fine physique  ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Magnificent!

I absolutely love this.  >  PiePod.

I wish I had had the chance to listen to this before my marathon flight home. I'd have looped it constantly.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.