Rock and Roll Song (Valdy cover as suggested by 64G - LitLR)

Started by Bluesberry, August 09, 2013, 08:26:46 PM

Bluesberry

Rock and Roll Song
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

Rock and Roll Song (Valdy)
Seagull acoustic (Drop D tuning)
Recorded into microBR (with Roland stereo condenser Mic)
Recorded LitLR, guitar and voice (harmony vocals added to the chorus after)

SuggestFest: Great suggestion 64G, I haven't heard this one in a while.  Gave it a few listens to get the basic chords down and then let er rip.  I based this off the live versions, just Valdy and his guitar, against the world. Tricky stuff.  I have learned a lot trying to figure this one out, thanks again for the suggestion.  Valdy, the most underappreciated singer/songwriter/acoustic guitar player Canada has to offer.  He is the dude.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Damn, this is good BB - love the fingerstyle, the hammer-ons, and your vocal performance. Got a very spontaneous feel to it overall, and although it may have been tricky, you made it sound easy. And you do get some tasty tone on that Seagull...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Excellent! I had a feeling that your voice would work well with this one, and I'm not disappointed. It sounds great. And the fingerstyle guitar playing is an unexpected and delightful treat.

[error: png image

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

Fabulous performing! Cool finger picking and singing! Great suggestion - a perfect tune for you! Enjoyable listening!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Wow Dave, this is fabulous

That IS some tasty fingerpicking all right !!!

The song is new to me and will always be a bb song for me now. It's perfect for you and you gave a stellar performance !

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

Now it's a fest my friends! So good to hear some bluesberry licks & enjoy a hot cup a joe with a beautiful morning coming through the window! Perfect tune for your voice, great delivery, but man that picking is sweeet! It's like a few innocent deer just running across the strings in perfect synch...yea that's what it's like, super light deer dancing upon a seagull...
That mic sounds really crisp also brother, I dig!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Wow Dave - this is fabulous pure bluesberry - it was written for you and you've delivered superbly.  Great delivery and recording and all without a safety net. Dave you're naked and you're playing a naked guitar. There's nothing more demanding. Fanbloodytastic. I love every moment of it.
Piepod bound.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

Nicely done Dave .....the song fits well like a tailored suit .....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Tangled Wires

Don't know the original, but am seriously impressed with this, absolutely glorious finger picking with some intricate little runs and superb hammer on's throughout.

64G was spot on with this suggestion, your vocal totally fly's with this song, and the live quality of the recording makes it sound as if you are sitting in the same room as me.

I dunno about Valdy being the dude, but you are the dude to me!

Brilliant!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

not familiar with this one, but my oh my it's fabulous, i echo flash harry's thoughts that this one was written for you.

wonderful wonderful stuff.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann