Happy Burns Night to the Scotland contingent

Started by Greeny, January 25, 2013, 03:46:40 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Gnasty on January 25, 2013, 07:55:41 AMThere is a supposed chicken wing shortage in North America for the upcoming Superbowl.

Funny... I was just reading about that. Apparently Superbowl viewers will consume over 450 million chicken wings! I don't know how that number was worked out / validated.

Is it the tradtional snack of choice for Superbowl or something?

fenderbender

Happy Burns Night
to you all

"Sláinte"
and may you always have lead in your pencil

Tennents and Irn-Bru- 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

Quote from: Greeny on January 25, 2013, 08:19:12 AM
Quote from: Gnasty on January 25, 2013, 07:55:41 AMThere is a supposed chicken wing shortage in North America for the upcoming Superbowl.

Funny... I was just reading about that. Apparently Superbowl viewers will consume over 450 million chicken wings! I don't know how that number was worked out / validated.

Is it the tradtional snack of choice for Superbowl or something?

Yes! They had a big spiel about it on the radio station i was listening to. 20 years ago i could get chicken wings for 5 cents a piece. Now they are like 10 dollars here for 8 wings. It`s a total scam when the wing of a chicken is the most worthless part of the chicken. I hardly eat them anymore myself but yes, North Americans consume that as fast food more than anything now i think.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

fenderbender

It just goes to show you do learn something new everyday
I never knew Haggi was the plural of Haggis

are they tame and timid like sheep???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

fenderbender

That reminds me of the old joke

Old guy driving past a chicken farm
suddenly this flock of four legged chickens zip by his car followed by a guy in a tractor
a couple of mins later the tractor guy comes back
the old guy leans out the drivers window and calls the tractor guy
"Did I see you chasing a flock of Four legged chickens?
yes says the tractor guy, we have been experimenting and now we have developed the chicken with four legs
"There is such a high demand in the U.S. for chicken legs-for the Super Bowl etc."

"and what do they taste like asked the old guy" ???

"We dont know"answered the tractor guy
"We havent caught one yet" :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSend us the recipe Jim!
take i whole chicken fillet, put it in a plastic bag. batter the living daylights out of it with a wooden mallet or rolling pin, till it is stretched out flat. grab a chunk of haggis, stick it in middle of squashed flattened stretched chicken fillet and roll it. stick i in oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes.

make peppercorn sauce, pour yourself a glass of whiskey. then pour another. drink your whiskey then pour the other into the peppercorn sauce. serve with seasonal vegetables. and a selection of wines , beer and the finest bevvy ye can lay yer hawns oan
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

I quite like Haggis, but a seemingly small haggis seems to burst open to produce an enormous amount of food. Now all I need to try is some Buckfast and deep fried Mars bar!
Happy B Night, enjoy the drinking :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

It may be illegal in the States.....but as you all may know.... a country boy can survive... Rednecks will eat almost anything.... Ive never had Haggis (THAT IM AWARE).... But I have been known to tear up some deep fried mountain oysters and boudan on occassion.
recorder
Tascam DP-02