Live scene in London Blog and Pod Casts

Started by OsCKilO, January 26, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

OsCKilO

My new year's resolution was for 2012 is to organise more Live nights for the great talent in London (Or whoever may stop by....), And to blog it all.

Well....
I Guess I'm keeping them both!

This year I hooked up with a friend (Ashley Cowen, Superb Folk rock Bloke ) and decided to start a monthly acoustic feature night set in the absolutely stunning St Mary's Old Church in Stoke Newington, London N16.  

Each session we will feature six artists in both Audio and Video Podcast which will go out to Dutch and Texan radio stations.

The sound in the Church is amazing with its own natural reverb, and the atmosphere is second to none when candle lit.

I'll Link The Pod Casts to this Site.

Peace

T (OsCKilO)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

This Years First Offering is Last years finale performance...

We held a charity Gig at St Mary's Church in December 2011.

Here is a Recording of the night entitled "Wrens Friends presents – Cloud Horses".
31.54Mins

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Featuring:
Sam Silverlock and Catherine Goldstein
OsCKilO
Simon Williams
The Yes-mess
Wyen Solo

Here is a selection of songs from the night in which we raised £200 for The Sunrise Programme for Children with Autism.  

Cath and Sam, who performed that night, are the parents of Wren an awesome and Talented boy who is diagnosed within the Autistic spectrum. Wren is a particularly proficient artist with a love of Birds and Cars. After attending the Sunrise Programme, A marked increase has been noted in the way Wren interacts with others.

The Money raised helps Train additional people to spend meaningful and therapeutic time with Wren as per the Programme.

I also introduce to you The Yes-Mess and Simon Williams.

I'll let their Music do the talking.

Without Further a Do....  Here it is..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

that osckilo guy is good. listening now t bravo.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

sounds great t, did you record it on your br80? and a good cause too as you know i work with people on the autistic spectrum predominantly people with asperger's syndrome. power to you mate.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Fantastic Tharek, I especially liked the odd beer bottle rolling around in the church!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

This awesome brother! It sounds good and you did some good, well done!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

Brilliant, thanks for sharing. I particularly liked the Yes-mess, but it was all great. Very high standard of artists on display there, must've been a great evening.

There appeared to be a big gap at the end after Yes-mess. Did I miss something?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Oh yeah really good. I love hearing live performances. You all did great and for a great cause.

Thanks for sharing Tharek.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Thank you for sharing this Tharek.  I look forward to hearing more of this awesomeness. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand